i1d3 & i1pro2 USB pass through from Ubuntu host to Win10 guest OS | Virtualbox

Home Forums General Discussion i1d3 & i1pro2 USB pass through from Ubuntu host to Win10 guest OS | Virtualbox

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

WolfPeace
    Participant

So far I used Windows(10) for my laptop which is used for calibration and profiling of various screens. Due to many reasons(dodgy updates for example) I want to make a (almost) full switch to Linux, but unfortunately not all workflows allow me to do that. Currently I am dual booting, but I am interested in making my Windows 10 use be inside Virtual Machine as a guest OS.

Setting it up on my Ubuntu based host OS with VirtualBox went fine, except that I can’t manage to pass through my i1 d3 pro and i1 pro 2 from host to guest OS. I have both VB extension pack and Guest Additions installed. One of the problems may be the automatic recognition of the attached device on the host Ubuntu OS(confirmed by auto opening Color dialog and calibrate option being available on the monitor list) which probably makes it unusable by guest(Win10) OS.

Obviously Displaycal and Argyll work fine on Linux, but I am curious if someone already tried this and had success, or maybe can direct me to related information ?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS