i1 Pro 2 – need urgent help with drivers!

Home Forums Help and Support i1 Pro 2 – need urgent help with drivers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mark Appleton
    Participant

I was lucky enough to get hold of an i1 Pro 2 – as pictured – and I need to get it working with both DispCAL and HCFR; my ColorMunki Display worked/works with both, but neither program lists the (connected) Pro 2 in its list of instruments.

I’ve used the Pro 2 in and pointed Windows (10 x64) to the USB drivers I got from the X-Rite website and it now shows up in Device Manager but with a tiny question-mark next to it – screenshot included. I would also like to be able to use it on my old Win XP laptop because I use that for calibrating my TVs.

Can somebody please help me get it going? I bought it for an absolute bargain and I’d hate to think I won’t be able to keep it! I will add that it works perfectly with the X-Rite bundled software so I suspect it’s and HCFR/DispCAL-specific issue.

Many thanks in advance,

M.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Mark Appleton.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve used the Pro 2 in and pointed Windows (10 x64) to the USB drivers I got from the X-Rite website

You need to use Argyll instrument drivers for the i1 Pro, not X-Rite ones (menu “Tools” -> “Instrument”).

Mark Appleton
    Participant

Hehe – literally five mins before your reply I thought to myself “I’m sure this has to be an Argyll device and not and X-Rite one”…

X-Rite drivers deleted, x64 version of Argyll CMS installed (v1.6.3 – most recent one I could find!), and now she’s up and running.

Thanks, Florian – now I get to play with DispCAL and HCFR all over again with my new meter :D.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

x64 version of Argyll CMS installed (v1.6.3 – most recent one I could find!)

Don’t use such an ancient version – the current release is v2.0.1. Just let DisplayCAL download it for you.

Mark Appleton
    Participant

Updated to 2.0.1… but there may be another issue after updating to DispCAL 3.7.

I will start a new thread if it persists :(.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS