i1 Display Studio with ColorNavigator 7 advice/trick

Home Forums General Discussion i1 Display Studio with ColorNavigator 7 advice/trick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kobern
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is any way to use the i1 Display Studio with Eizo ColorNavigator 7.

It’s not supported, only the Pro (which I wish I’d bought in the first place)

Is there some kind of simple thing I can do, to make CN7 think it’s a Pro?

Or am I going to need to buy a  SpyderX Pro.

Alternatively, does anyone in the UK have a mint SpyderX Pro they want to swap for a mint i1 Display Studio?

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon   SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Kobern
    Participant

Ignore the comment about swapping for a SpyderX Pro, I don’t want to do that, but can’t edit the post.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Kobern.

Vincent
    Participant

You need i1DisplayPro for any HW cal solution (or vendor rebranded equivalent). SDK from Xrite is locked to reject munkis/studios and even some OEM/rebranded versions depending on each SW solution.

If a CS is OK out of the box (neutral grey) you can use DisplayCAL and i1displayStudio to tune RGB gains, get desired white and gamam using only OSD controls and if grey remains neutral (which should be expected) make a 1xCurve+Matrix+BPC profile without calibration in DosplayCAL.
    Validate resulting profile, OK => it’s done; Not so OK => plan to buy a retail i1DisplayPro to use full HW cal capabilities.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS