i1 Display Pro Plus adds to mystery

Home Forums Help and Support i1 Display Pro Plus adds to mystery

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks

• This is a GB-r panel, so should I use old Dell U2413 GB-r?
    • Vincent suggested PFS WLED xx% P3 but there are three specific vendor’s options for HW and gamuts which are not quite what I am using.

I suggested that you may try to use the ones available to DUCCS. These are 2 and are bundled with DisplayCAL: RGPhosphor (U2413+others packed together), WLED PFS P3 95% Panasonic etc that was added in DUCCS 1.6. I did not suggest to try that alone but both.
    Also if yu want to use DUCCS and validate its results with the same set of rules (trusting that what DUCCS measures is somehow accurate) you’ll need to use them. Actual one will be highlighted pior to selecting CAL1/CAL2 memory slot to store HW calibration (“GB-LED” which means “RG_phosphor” CCSS for older models, DIsplayCAL bundled a separate file with just U2413 GB-LED sample without the other potentially unwanted ones). You’ll see  it on top left undr that yellowish measureemnet device info in DUCCS and you cannot sleect one, it is a label, not an user selectable contro. But only if HW cal is available to your model on macOS, some models are not supported for last one Catalina compatible DUCCS update.  If HW cal in not supported for your model in current macOS version it will do teh same as i1Profiler (or DIsplayCAL), GPU calibration. In that case, you’ll see a combo box to sleect Xrite spectral correction set (maybe different names but all are included in DisplayCAL bundle).

Vincent
    Participant

I would add… it’s not even close to a GB-LED like U2413 although if an i1d3 is a good match to CIE 1931 2 degree in those long wavelengths it may not matter at all (nothiong to correct on those wavelegths).

This is a:
    U2413, like the one in “cleaned” CCSS from DisplayCAL: orange (1nm resolution)
    User data 3nm from an UP2516D … or a UP2716D, they are the same: red (3nm)
    HP Z24x  “AdobeRGB” flavor of WLED PFS, which is not included in Xrite i1profiler/DUCCS (just the 95% P3 version): green (1nm)

So it looks like what it looks like… like if those UPs were an early version of those WLED PFS we see right now on PAs, CGs or their lesser brothers iMacs and some TVs and multimedia P3 monitors

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Wire
    Participant

Roger all that, thank you guys

So Vincent was right, I was mosdef making some kind of mistake because I am getting back on track and profiles and verifies are adding up.

As to corrections: Other comments on web say GB-r / RG Phosphor.

I am comparing results from GB-r / RG Phosphor in the DC built-in plus the “Dell UP2516D i1 Pro 2 ccss” community contribution and these two are tracking pretty closely.

I dig what VIncent is saying about the SPD plots, but for moment, GB-r / RG makes sense and I’ve overcome whatever was wrong (I wish I knew what, but chalk it up to operator error) and getting verify results that make sense with ave 0.5 dE*00, max 1.1.

I’m trying to import .edr from i1 Profiler to compare and I went into DUCCS i1 and found the files. DC import says “success” but I see no new options in list… I’m doing something else wrong 🙂 I’d like to try a few more combos and report if I see something notable—especially everything comes together and makes sense

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Wire
    Participant

I suggested that you may try to use the ones available to DUCCS. These are 2 and are bundled with DisplayCAL: RGPhosphor (U2413+others packed together), WLED PFS P3 95% Panasonic etc that was added in DUCCS 1.6. I did not suggest to try that alone but both.

Got it…

Also if yu want to use DUCCS and validate its results with the same set of rules (trusting that what DUCCS measures is somehow accurate) you’ll need to use them. Actual one will be highlighted pior to selecting CAL1/CAL2 memory slot to store HW calibration (“GB-LED” which means “RG_phosphor” CCSS for older models, DIsplayCAL bundled a separate file with just U2413 GB-LED sample without the other potentially unwanted ones).

I’m hanging on every word here, I think I follow you re accuracy and apples-to-apples. I need to look DUCCS again to find what you’ve just described per “highlighted”

You’ll see  it on top left undr that yellowish measureemnet device info in DUCCS and you cannot sleect one, it is a label, not an user selectable contro. But only if HW cal is available to your model on macOS,

It is…

some models are not supported for last one Catalina compatible DUCCS update.  If HW cal in not supported for your model in current macOS version it will do teh same as i1Profiler (or DIsplayCAL), GPU calibration. In that case, you’ll see a combo box to sleect Xrite spectral correction set (maybe different names but all are included in DisplayCAL bundle).

Lemme look at this. Thx

Wire
    Participant

I would add… it’s not even close to a GB-LED like U2413 although if an i1d3 is a good match to CIE 1931 2 degree in those long wavelengths it may not matter at all (nothiong to correct on those wavelegths).

This is a: U2413, like the one in “cleaned” CCSS from DisplayCAL:
    Orange (1nm resolution)
    User data 3nm from an UP2516D … or a UP2716D, they are the same: red (3nm)
    HP Z24x  “AdobeRGB” flavor of WLED PFS, which is not included in Xrite i1profiler/DUCCS (just the 95% P3 version): green (1nm)

So it looks like what it looks like… like if those UPs were an early version of those WLED PFS we see right now on PAs, CGs or their lesser brothers iMacs and some TVs and multimedia P3 monitors

I follow you! Very good

Wire
    Participant

UP2516D DUCCS reports “Selected calibration matrix: GB-LED”

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It does no look like a GB-led

None of the CCSS available in the database for the UP2718Q look like the typical PFS Phosphor shape.

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=DEL&display=DELL%20UP2718Q&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

Wire
    Participant

Here are quick verifies for UP2516D DUCCS sRGB loaded into Cal2 against sRGB IEC61966 2.1

1. GB-r / RG family ccss
    2. PFS WLED family ccss
    3. DELL UP2516D i1 Pro 2 ccss

Happily, things are coming together

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

It does no look like a GB-led

None of the CCSS available in the database for the UP2718Q look like the typical PFS Phosphor shape.

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=DEL&display=DELL%20UP2718Q&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

He owns a UP2516D, like the one in the SPD plots, UP2718Q guy was “charlesss”

Vincent
    Participant

Here are quick verifies for UP2516D DUCCS sRGB loaded into Cal2 against sRGB IEC61966 2.1

1. GB-r / RG family ccss
    2. PFS WLED family ccss
    3. DELL UP2516D i1 Pro 2 ccss

Happily, things are coming together

Of all WPS samples you choose in “2” the one that does not match your device:

-Panasonic VVX17P051J00.ccss The one bundled in DUCCS from 1.6.5 onwards, just 95% P3
    -MacBookProRetina2016.ccss, same but different green, for P3 mac, “exactly P3”
    -HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss, the one I plotted, “beyond” P3 since it covers AdobeRGB too
    They are all the same but green varies from just 95% P3 to AdobeRGB as the wideest gamu sample.
    The one you choose (PFS_Phosphor_Family_31Jan17.ccss) is a CCSS translated from an Xrite EDR for Lightspace and AFAIK does not match gamut onf your displays. It stores WLED PFS wbut more “Limited” than your display.

Anyway,  that DUCCS HW cal seems pretty good, range under 1.5 and all that stuff OK. Congrats.
    The choice between RGphosphor, GB-LED, PFS may not argue about White point, so as long as it looks visually white it’s ok

Vincent
    Participant

UP2516D DUCCS reports “Selected calibration matrix: GB-LED”

So in the end they added a new EDR in DUCCS 1.6.5 (changelog) for Windows some years ago (Panasonic VVX17P051J00.ccss, there should be an EDR with this name in your Xrite folder in DUCCS/Xrite services folder)… but they do not use it. Funny, Xrite & Dell way of do things.

Anyway, HW cal is good on your unit with just 20 measures per ramp. HW cal for Adobe or Native may give a very slightly higher range, but should not be an issue. Enyour your i1d3.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Vincent.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS