I1 display pro or i1 display pro plus ?

Home Forums Help and Support I1 display pro or i1 display pro plus ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

George218
    Participant

Ηello!

I would like to ask you the following. I am interesting in the purchase of a colormeter i1 display pro plus. The monitor I want to calibrate is a Dell S2721QS.
    The fille CCSS correction I found in the list for the specific monitor is only for i1 display pro and not for i1 display pro plus.

Could  I use the file which is for i1 display pro in colormeter i1 display pro plus? Do they have the same hardware? Or should it better to buy the i1 display pro by using the file CCSS which is already available?
    Thanks in advance

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

The Plus version is more sensitive. It also supports brighter displays (2000 nits vs 1000 nits) and the BT.1886 gamma curve.

Personally I’m not sure if purchasing either device to calibrate that display makes much sense.

George218
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Of course it makes sense to calibrate even on this screen. I know the differences between these meters. My question is if the correction file CCSS  to i1 display pro fits also to i1 display pro plus.

dogelition
    Participant

CCSS files are universal and will “fit” any colorimeter that supports them. I can’t speak for compatibility etc. with third-party software, but when using DisplayCAL, the only benefit you’ll see from the Pro Plus is that it’s certified to be accurate up to 2000 nits. Everything else is exactly the same. So for your monitor, it won’t make a difference.

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

The Plus version should also be more sensitive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS