i1 Display 2 correction for Dreamcolor 2480zx

Home Forums Help and Support i1 Display 2 correction for Dreamcolor 2480zx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mike Harrington
    Participant

Hello,

Just getting ready for correction and profiling of my Dreamcolor 2480zx.

I was reading on the forums earlier some contradictions on whether or not the dreamcolor probe device needs a correction for the monitor it was bundled with. I have the HP Dreamcolor version of the xrite…but it is the i1 Display2 as is printed on the serial. There is no correction file for this specific combo. Is one needed…or do I just go with the generic wide gamut S-IPS.

Also I have a datacolor 2 spider…it is pretty old, not sure which colorimeter is better…but I suspect the xrite is.

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the assumption with the Dreamcolor bundled i1Display2 is that the correction is internal to the instrument hardware, so use the “LCD (generic)” mode and correction “None” in DisplayCAL.

Also I have a datacolor 2 spider…it is pretty old, not sure which colorimeter is better…but I suspect the xrite is.

I would concur. The i1Display2 also should be significantly faster than the Spyder2.

Mike Harrington
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

Right now resolve studio 14  is not generating the test patterns, even though it is set to calman and the connection is made between displaycal. There simply is no output other than existing video in my timeline.

I blame my hardware….a cheap USB3 intensity shuttle…that is very glitchy on output.

Also…when using the intensity shuttle, it converts signal to YUV (disabling dreamcolors built in calibrations). Is that an issue for displaycals LUT generation? As I believe the LUT is intended for RGB-RGB correction, using the intensity shuttle breaks the chain into RGB-YUV.

I suppose in the end I will probably just use the GUI display.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Right now resolve studio 14 is not generating the test patterns, even though it is set to calman and the connection is made between displaycal. There simply is no output other than existing video in my timeline.

It should switch to test patterns (in both the GUI as well as external monitor if any) after clicking “Start measurement” on the DisplayCAL measurement window.

Also…when using the intensity shuttle, it converts signal to YUV (disabling dreamcolors built in calibrations). Is that an issue for displaycals LUT generation?

The LUT will deal (and correct for) any part of the display chain, including forced from/to YCbCr conversion and such.

Mike Harrington
    Participant

It is not switching to test patterns on either the display or GUI….

Running a triple monitor setup with 2x GTX 970…..2 displays on 1 card, 1 on the other. Mixed resolutions as well.

EDIT: Just checked and it is now working….

Tried probably 20 times last night with several re-boots…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS