I use SpyderX Pro. Should I use DisplayCal or stick with SpyderX software?

Home Forums General Discussion I use SpyderX Pro. Should I use DisplayCal or stick with SpyderX software?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Orimu
    Participant

I’ve been seeing a lot of discussions about SpyderX having problems with DisplayCal because of SpyderX’s limitations. I bought this a year ago because i1Display was too expensive and not available in my country. Im saving up for a CALIBRITE ColorChecker Display Pro now buying it off of Amazon because even Calibrate.com can’t ship or has no partners in my country.

<script src=”moz-extension://80bf0381-b115-4ec1-a0cf-ee1b48dcca71/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

SpyderX Pro on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Old Man
    Participant

The spyder’s limitations are inherent to the spyder itself, so it should have the same problems regardless of the software used. I’d think DisplayCAL would still produce better results

Vincent
    Participant

With DisplayCAL you have all the built in modes (corrections) and you get as an extra a configurable number of grey patches  + different profile types. Also thre are high chances that Datacolor LUT loader will cause banding (as Xrite’s). So better to use DisplaYCAL.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS