I think there is some bug in multi monitor.

Home Forums Help and Support I think there is some bug in multi monitor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ori Sagiv
    Participant

Hello again and sorry posting for a second time in such a short time.
    Yesterday I’ve noticed that when I extend the desktop to my monitor and a tv that doesn’t require a profile, the monitor gets brighter gamma and the loader applies the profile again, but this time with higher gamma.
    It was like corrections are applied somewhat, but the gamma ramp doesn’t.
    I tried messing with that, reset the gamma table and loading but it didn’t help.
    With additional messing, I ended up with this behavior also with only my monitor. I tried restarting a few times, disable the profile loader, nothing would bring the gamma to a corrected state,
    I could see all the 1-16 black levels in lagom, and it was like only the black is black and all the other are grays. no blacks at all and quite a jump from 0 to 1.
    I then uninstalled the Argyll driver, restarted and received a real weird situation: 1 to 10 blacks were actually reddish!
    I now installed Argyll driver again by connecting the spyder, restarted again and now all is good, the gamma is back to its calibrated state and the red tints are gone.
    I’m now afraid to extend to the TV..
    Is this a know bug or something with a way to solve it?
    Could be that reinstalling displaycal, but this time in extended view will help?
    Thanks..

Ori Sagiv
    Participant

Well,
    After messing around for some hours now, it seems that it’s chrome’s color management that had weird changes that shows weird black levels at lagom. 1-20 look the same greyish box while black is black. in Edge it’s ok – there’s a graduation.
    Now I’ll continue in the search to find out how to fix this, if it requires fixing at all.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Ori Sagiv.

Ori Sagiv
    Participant

For anyone who encounters this issue, the solution is:
    1. Go to chrome://flags/
    2. change the “Force color profile” from default to SRGB.
    Relaunch, and this time chrome colors will go back again to normal colors (with the correct icc profile that displaycal profile loader will reload on it).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS