I need help calibrating my Dell monitor with the DATAColor SpyderX calibrator

Home Forums General Discussion I need help calibrating my Dell monitor with the DATAColor SpyderX calibrator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Madison Smith
    Participant

My friend gave me his Datacolor spyderx calibrator and I followed the instructions that were given but I am stuck on the interactive display adjustment. The “start measurment” button is grayed out so I cant start calibrating. Does anyone know why it is doing this or how I can fix it? I would really appreciate any help.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Spyders need to install an ArgyllCMS USB driver to work with ArgyllCMS programs (an it will disable using Datacolor software unless driver switch).
    Read ArgyllCMS documentation about USB devices.

Madison Smith
    Participant

“The measured luminance difference between RGB level 0 and 16 is below 0.02 cd/m^2, indicating clipping. Likely either the display devices input – and/or black level setting is incorrect, and/or the output levels configuration of the graphics driver is wrong.”

How do I change RGB levels on  Dell Windows 10? How do I change the display input? How do I change the black level setting and what do I change it to? How do I change the output levels configuration of the graphics driver?

Whenever I go through the process it comes up with the error “Dispcal:inverting jacobian failed” if that helps you understand my problem more.

I dont know computers very well and I am really struggling.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

If you are not friendly with computers, better to ask someone young who are. You need to surf through some windows, and this is easy for computer era generation. Try to investigate menus by yourself. RGB values range is selected in the first DisplayCAL tab. You should also check RGB range (0-255 per channel, i.e. full 8 bit, for computers or 16-235 for TVs) in your display menu and in you videocard driver windows. After instrument driver installation you need to select proper colorimeter working mode, for office displays it is Standard LED. Note that SpyderX is not inaccurate tool. Read comments on SpyderX work here: https://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html#spydX 15 minutes warm-up is recommended.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

In some cases you also need to change vertical scan frequency of your display. I’ve recently met this with well-done BenQ PD2700Q and old Lenovo laptop. This laptop uses 16-235 range TV signal for all standard modes at HDMI connector. I’ve added custom 1920×1080@70p, this only has resolved the problem, the range is 0-255 now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS