HP LP2480zx Calibration

Home Forums Help and Support HP LP2480zx Calibration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

laneo
    Participant

Hi,

I have 2 “HP LP2480zx” monitors that I´m trying to calibrate. I want to create an ICC profile that loads with windows 10 to have an accurate and similar display on both monitors. For starters, I´m not sure what to choose on the “Correction” field, i´ve searched in the forums and found nothing for this monitor. Any ideas?

Second question is: should I expect notable differences in both monitors after calibration?

Thanks,

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

For starters, I´m not sure what to choose on the “Correction” field, i´ve searched in the forums and found nothing for this monitor. Any ideas?

Click “show information about common display technologies”. The HP is mentioned specifically.

Second question is: should I expect notable differences in both monitors after calibration?

If they are visibly different now, you can expect a better match after calibration. Be sure to target a specific whitepoint (e.g. 6500K) for both.

laneo
    Participant

Perfect, it´s “LCD RGB LED”. Thanks.

I´ve downloaded “HP DreamColor LP2480zx LCD Monitor (i1 Pro).ccss” from https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/

I guess that should also work, right?

I should probably also mention that I work in video (mostly making VFX for feature films) using After Effects. So what I did to calibrate was to choose “video” in settings, and then loaded the .CCSS i´ve downloaded. Does that sound like the correct way to create an ICC for me to work?

Thanks again,

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by laneo.

Vincent
    Participant

Perfect, it´s “LCD RGB LED”. Thanks.

I´ve downloaded “HP DreamColor LP2480zx LCD Monitor (i1 Pro).ccss” from https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/

I guess that should also work, right?

The ones you downloaded are probably worse, use the one that Florian said since it’s 1nm CCSS. The other ones are 10-3nm and red channel has a very narrow spile in those RGBLEDs

I should probably also mention that I work in video (mostly making VFX for feature films) using After Effects. So what I did to calibrate was to choose “video” in settings, and then loaded the .CCSS i´ve downloaded. Does that sound like the correct way to create an ICC for me to work?

Thanks again,

IDNK current After Effects color management capabilities, but you own a pair of widegamut monitors, keep in mind this while working on Rec709 content on a native gamut configuration on your monitors. 100% red & green saturation patches inside whaever program you use will reveal if something is wrong, since they will look oversaturated if color management is not working as expected.

laneo
    Participant

Ok, thanks a lot for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS