How to test my smartphone display right?

Home Forums Help and Support How to test my smartphone display right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bespam
    Participant

Hello, guys, I’m trying to test my iPhone 11 Pro display and I have some questions. I just want to measure gamut, max brightness, black level, contrast, gamma, white balance and color accuracy. I’m using Web@localhost as a display and making profile without Interactive display adjustment. What browser I must use on smartphone?

In report I can see many of needed data, but can I use Colors Overview for estimate colors accuracy of smartphone display? Strange, but in almost every test I have a problem with several red colors. Is I’m doing something wrong?

What is nominal value? What it means when measured value differs from nominal value in other graphs (gamma, color temperature)? Can you please watch my report and tell me is this results are normal.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

-non color managed browser = check native gamut display, or overall colospace setting like some android amoleds

-color managed browser = check if device display + factory description of that display (“internal profile”) manages correctly the translation untagged RGB values (Web@localhost) to (supposed to be) sRGB content.
    It looks that it is what you tested.

Umaiza Beck
    Participant

subscribe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS