how to interpret the ceck report?

Home Forums Help and Support how to interpret the ceck report?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Andrea Milani
    Participant

Hello everyone, today I got the Spyder 5 and I calibrated two monitors,  a Dell IPS U2212HM and an Asus TN VH242H.,  that I use on the same desktop PC.

I set for both D65 as white and gamma 2.2, and “White LED LCD” monitor
    Before the calibration  the difference in color between the two monitors was much more pronounced, now it is better but there is still difference especially on the white, the Asus monitor  is colder bluish / violet gray than the other.

I attach the reports of the two calibrations, can you tell me that between the two monitors that is better and more accurate  as colors? I do not know how to interpret the reports.

I’d like to know in particular some of the two monitors is better to do photo editing and color correction.

thanks! Andrea

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Before the calibration the difference in color between the two monitors was much more pronounced, now it is better but there is still difference especially on the white

There’s a FAQ entry related to white point differences which I’d recommend reading.

I attach the reports of the two calibrations, can you tell me that between the two monitors that is better and more accurate as colors?

Both seem to have slightly different coverage of the sRGB gamut, and the Dell has better contrast.

I do not know how to interpret the reports.

These particular reports tell you how well the profiles describe the actual  monitor response. Lower delta E is better. You usually only need to care about the summary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS