How to get same black / contrast level as monitor from factory?

Home Forums Help and Support How to get same black / contrast level as monitor from factory?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MariusM
    Participant

I like how the monitor looks in terms of black level and contrast but when i calibrate it it feels more washed out. But i do like that it makes the colors more accurate.

I tried adjusting Gamma to 2.4 which helped a bit but causes more issues on different applications. So either I’m leaving gamma at 2.2 or native and i just need to adjust something else but unsure.

I’m trying to this on both my MacBook Pro 16 and my external monitor LG 27UL850

Vincent
    Participant

Max contrast is native white. The further your target is from native white the more contrst you will loose.
    When tweaking white point try to do not lower gains in all three channels. Try to keep one at default value which is usually the max val (but in some displays default val is 50% so try use it as max reference or if you do not check channel clipping in gradients)

Also max contrast without collateral atifacts is usually “factory default” contrast OSD setting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS