How to create an absolute colorimentric profile

Home Forums General Discussion How to create an absolute colorimentric profile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Leonardo
    Participant

How to create an absolute colorimentric profile with no black compensation?

I can’t see the option in the software and the default profile is someway not working with soft-proofing apps and absolute rendering intent

Vincent
    Participant

You can’t.
    It’s color management responsibility and AFAIK most or all of the will ignore it in image to display translation, always relative to WP. There was something about this in Argyll doc and a proposed tag to this task but IDN remeber where.

Softproofing aims for image colorspace -> chosen intent -> simulation colorspace -> whitepoint relative -> display colorspace.

the default profile is someway not working with soft-proofing apps and absolute rendering intent

Can you explain what you re trying to do? image profile, simulation profile, display profile, also image viewer app (it may have BPC under the hood as a global configuration).

Leonardo
    Participant

Hello, I want to accurately see black colors and compare them with physical black objects.

Vincent
    Participant

Hello, I want to accurately see black colors and compare them with physical black objects.

I’ll say its pointless what you want to do unless you mean to compare with black in a printed object. The image you see in screen has been captured & encoded on an intermeiate RGB space (whatever it is whatever you choose) so it can be displayed on a RGB display.

What is the point clipping blacks on a typical IPS display when displaying an RGB image which has ben captured & manipulated in many ways?

Leonardo
    Participant

Exactly, I want to compare the black of some color charts.

The problem is that the perceptual rendering intent seems turned on by default and can’t be changed.

Vincent
    Participant

I see, Did you try Adobe PS / edit / color settings  then disable BPC, restart PS, then test if BPC (perceptual lower end) is OFF.

An alternative take may be to simulate an ideal display in DWLUT abs colorimetric no BPC, then set as display profile that idealized infinite contrast display. PS will belive infinite contrast so no BPC active, but dmwlut layer will clip OOG colors.

Leonardo
    Participant

Do you mean DWM LUT (https://github.com/ledoge/dwm_lut)?

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, source ideal display (set its ICC as default display profile), destination an XZYLUT of your display withput BPC, actual black stored in ICC.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Vincent.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS