How to calibrate TV

Home Forums Help and Support How to calibrate TV

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gilles van
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’ve been searching the forums and the documentation. But I have a hard time finding information on how to properly calibrate an LCD or LED TV.

From the reading I’ve done, I understand you need to us a untethered calibration with patterns generated by test chart editor.

What I want to do:
    Hook up my i1 display pro to my macbook. Run a pattern generator on my TV from my apple tv and/or my blu-ray player and calibrate using the settings on the TV. My tv does have some fancy 10-point white balance controls. It would be great if I could use those.

Is there anyone that could help me along?
    Much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Gilles

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Gilles van.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Tony
    Participant

AVS Forums They have lots of information about calibration. You can ask questions there on calibration software not related to DisplayCAL.

AVS HD 709 – Are free calibration test patterns you can download and burn to a disk.

HCFR – Free windows program that lets you do manual calibration. (There is a mac version but it hasn’t been updated in a while.)

Greyscale & Color Calibration for Dummies – Which has information on how to calibrate.

Calibration

– 10 Point White Balance controls can be used to calibrate both greyscale and gamma, for manual calibration.

DisplayCal can create 3D LUTs (most accurate way to calibrate for movies) with a PC hooked up to a TV.

MadVR is a video renderer that supports 3D LUTs. All I know of is a Windows version. You can run Windows through Boot Camp or through Virtual Machines on your MacBook.

Im also learning calibration myself too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS