How to calibrate my new iMac

Home Forums Help and Support How to calibrate my new iMac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cindy
    Participant

Hello,

I’m setting up my new iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) and trying to calibrate the Built-in Retina Display. I have installed the latest DisplayCAL 3.8.9.3 with the x.rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter. Since I don’t have a USB2 port, I am also using a USB-C to USB-B adapter for the colorimeter.

Under the Display pull down, I only have the options: Web @ localhost, madVR, Prisma, Resolve, and Untethered (see screenshot). I tried all of them, but other than the “Untetherd”, they all wait for a connection that would fail, and the Untethered option results in the “communications failure”.

I saw on a different Blog to chose LCD for LCD (see screenshot), but i don’t seem to have the option.

What am I doing wrong? How can I calibrate my built-in monitor?

Thank you!

Cindy

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Cindy.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Tools \ detect display and instruments

if it does not show integrated display use Argyll 2.2.1 beta for mac which solves some issues:

https://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V2.2.1_beta_osx10.6_x86_64_bin.tgz

Cindy
    Participant

Thank you so much Vincent! Worked like magic!

AlanStoneLangdon
    Participant

Hello. I just ran into what Cindy was experiencing. But I cannot seem to find how to install the Argyll beta. In DisplayCal’s main menu, I choose Locate ArgyllCMS executables and when I direct it to the folder where the downloaded demo is, is says “dispcal” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. Mac OS cannot verify that this app is free form malware”. Is there some security extension I need to disable? Or am I not doing this the correct way? Any info desperately needed and much appreciated!

AlanStoneLangdon
    Participant

OK, so I just found the answer: In the security settings, General tab; I had to “Allow anyway” several things that kept getting flagged by security. 4 or 5, I believe.. Once I went through this, I was able to see my monitors in the Display dropdown of DisplayCal.

Rob Kendrew
    Participant

Hi

Got the same problem as above on my iMac 24. but the link above to the Argyll 2.2.1. beta for Mac is now Error 404 and cannot be reached.

How can I get DisplayCAL to see my integrated display?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS