How to calibrate my monitor same as iPhone 13 pro?

Home Forums General Discussion How to calibrate my monitor same as iPhone 13 pro?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

guahba
    Participant

I have an x-rite color checker display plus

I want to calibrate my laptop monitor as iPhone 13 Pro

How to calibrate with DisplayCal?

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

If it cannot cover the same colorspace or bigger you can’t.

But lets assume that you have a widegamut that can cover all or almost all mobile colorspaces and that you have a non color managed browser on the phone.
    -Calibrate & profile your display
    -profile phone using remote web measurement (make sure taht power saving features do not dim screen)
    -use DWMLUT to simulate that phone on your screen (non color managed).

If you just want to make things look closer to a color managed phone in its color managed photo viewer or browser, just measure phone whitepoint and calibrate display to that. Then use also a color managed image viewer or internet browser.

Wire
    Participant

I just measured an iPhone 13 Pro with an i1 Display Pro Plus and the a generic OLED correction (not sure if it came with DCal or Argyll or which).

Attached is a gamut graph. Note it’s basically a perfect Display-P3 device re primaries and white.

The outer triangle is P3 (the inner sRGB). The measured RGB+W points are labeled.

We should assume the EOTF is dead-on Display-P3 too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

if iphone behaves in such good way, use a synth or generic profile to DWMLUT source colorspace instead of measuring it.

guahba
    Participant

Vincent, Thank you for your replying.

I have a few questions because I have no knowledge of calibration and it is difficult to understand your explanation.

(By the way, I’m not good at English, so I apologize if my words are rude or awkward.)

What kind of remote measurement software should I use to profile my iPhone?

And how to use synth or generic profile to DWMLUT? (I don’t know what synth, generic profile and DWMLUT is and how to use it.)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by guahba.

Vincent
    Participant

What kind of remote measurement software should I use to profile my iPhone?

DisplayCAL for example, but as Wire suggested if iphone is well behaved you can assume that can be described by an idealized synth profile, so measure white and that’s all

And how to use synth or generic profile to DWMLUT? (I don’t know what synth, generic profile and DWMLUT is and how to use it.)

Here is a thread about DMWLUT:

I made a tool for applying 3D LUTs to the Windows desktop

Softproofing in PS with “Preserve RGB numbers” should simulate it too, assuming no color managed is applied too … but being Apple it may not be the best approach.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS