How to calibrate MacBook 2013 / iMac 5k 2020

Home Forums Help and Support How to calibrate MacBook 2013 / iMac 5k 2020

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Joram
    Participant

Dear Community,

I’d like to calibrate a MacBook Pro Retina 2013 and a brand-new iMac 2020 27“, preferably with a Spyder5 Pro, which I bought 2017 (used only once 🙂

I tried to use the Spyder Software first, but I ended up with totally different tones on both devices and the iMac got a strong red shift.

I’m seriously struggling to find a proper instruction and DisplayCal ist actually quite overwhelming me, to be honest. Not being a native English speaker doesn’t make it easier either 🙂 I searched the website, this forum and google for hours, but didn’t find a detailed guideline.

I’d really appreciate if someone could help me out our just tell me where to find the missing infos.

That’s what I’m wondering about:

1.) Do the disappointing results of using the Spyder software mean, that my Spyder5 is broken after 3 years? Or is it still possible to get good results using DisplayCal?

2.) Which DisplayCal set-up do I have to use for my MacBook 2013, which one for my iMac 2020? Do I really have to refer to the original Spyder Software within DisplayCal somehow? And especially what do I have to pick at „Correction“?

3.) After my first try of DisplayCal on my iMac blacks appeared very „moody“ and soft. Can that be right?

Many thanks in advance!!
    Joram

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS