How do i know if my colorimeter i1d3 pro is accurate or bad?

Home Forums General Discussion How do i know if my colorimeter i1d3 pro is accurate or bad?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

A.ces
    Participant

I have a 4k monitor that i managed to find a 1nm 1511 spectro CCSS profile for from another monitor brand, but the panel used is exactly the same, and when i visually match my other monitors which are W-LED i need to set chromaticity to the first panel to x 0.3122 y 0.3162, and the second one to x 0.3101 y 0.3194, how do i know if it’s actually the spectral correction W-LED that is wrong or if it’s my actual colorimeter that is bad?

Are there any other colorimeters in maybe the 300-700$ price class that are more accurate/has better spectral profiles?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by A.ces.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You are using a visual matching method to align the perceived whitepoints of different display technologies. There is nothing wrong with this. Also see the FAQ about visual matching for a little more background.

Are there any other colorimeters in maybe the 300-700$ price class that are more accurate/has better spectral profiles?

Not that I know of. The next step up would be something like a Klein K-10 which retails for a whopping $ 7000.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS