How 2 correct A couple high delta errors? Plus 3d Lut question

Home Forums Help and Support How 2 correct A couple high delta errors? Plus 3d Lut question

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

Hello,
    1. I would like to know how or IF it’s possible to correct the two color values that are off the chart, without compromising much with the rest of the spectrum
    2. Also, for some reason I got 2.35 Gamma instead of the 2.2 target. I can’t say why that is.
    3. I saw the contrast ratio measured somewhere but I don’t know where the result got saved. How do you include the contrast ratio in the measurement result such as the Spyder24?

I am new to displaycal and was able to fumble my way around to get some results of my monitor. I’m using a relatively unknown to the world monitor called

HKC X3
    5000:1 (5147:1 calibrated)
    144hz (120hz is visually stable)
    VA p anel (not a TN)
    Chinese company
    Sharp panel

The light blue and dark cyan?  (Excuse me, but I’m not great at color names, but I can identify them well by eye. I scored 4 on the Xrite color test just an fyi 😛
    These show up at really high values, but the entire spectrum is very much IPS safe.

I heard you could correct this somehow with a 3D lut table? I’m not sure if that’s correct and how would I tell the computer to use such a table and how to manipulate it. I did generate a file here:

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by DanzoMeteor.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by DanzoMeteor.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

The light blue and dark cyan? […] These show up at really high values

They are out-of-gamut for your display.

How do you include the contrast ratio in the measurement result such as the Spyder24?

To be able to calculate contrast ratio, the chart needs to include full white and full black.

I heard you could correct this somehow with a 3D lut table?

No. A 3D LUT doesn’t affect the gamut of your display. What is out-of-gamut, stays out-of-gamut.

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply!

It seems my gamut triangle is skewed leftward somewhat?  Monitor tests as 96% srgb coverage.
    1 . Are these 2 colors need be accurate for amateur photography and graphic design?  Do I need to resell monitor
    2. Are these 2 colors part of Srgb spectrum?
    3. Where in the options can you select to include “full white and full black?”

Thank you 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Are these 2 colors need be accurate for amateur photography and graphic design?

Depends on your accuracy requirements. I can’t make that decision for you.

Are these 2 colors part of Srgb spectrum?

No.

Where in the options can you select to include “full white and full black?”

You can’t – this depends on the chart.

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

Ok, I feel relieved then! The color space is sufficient for me

So which verification chart do you recommend that only includes sRGB or rec 709, enough color checks (I like that 24 but a few less is ok) and white and black?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

So, I tried the Extended verification test-chart, it had the contrast ratio in there. Only thing I didn’t like was it included those 2 colors out of spectrum.  that raised the delta avg.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So, I tried the Extended verification test-chart, it had the contrast ratio in there. Only thing I didn’t like was it included those 2 colors out of spectrum. that raised the delta avg.

Did you enable “Simulation profile” and set it to sRGB, as well as disable “Use simulation profile as target”?

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

So, I tried the Extended verification test-chart, it had the contrast ratio in there. Only thing I didn’t like was it included those 2 colors out of spectrum. that raised the delta avg.

Did you enable “Simulation profile” and set it to sRGB, as well as disable “Use simulation profile as target”?

—————————-

I’m sorry where do I find this? Are we both using 3.1.3.1? I went through the main 4 tabs and I don’t see it. Please screencap it if you can.

And btw, I can’t find the gamma test results either in the verification charts that I made, or the default ones.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by DanzoMeteor.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by DanzoMeteor.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m sorry where do I find this?

On the “Verification” tab.

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

http://imgur.com/TiRqnGy <– I assume you’re talking about this ? Does this also show if your screen has reached the gamma 2.2? Some monitors won’t reach 2.2 or srgb curve , so I need to know if mine did.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, that looks correct. Note that sRGB isn’t 2.2, it’s roughly 2.22 at 50% input but lower near black because of the linear segment of the curve.

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

Ok, I guess I wasn’t clear sorry. I meant I want to know hat my Gamma result of the monitor measured at calibration.
    I want to know if my monitor achieved 2.22, or SRGB or didn’t reach the desired result and got something off like 2.5 because the monitor sucks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I meant I want to know hat my Gamma result of the monitor measured at calibration.

In that case, disable the simulation profile (remove the checkbox).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS