High Delta on Black (0,0,0) – BENQ SW271

Home Forums Help and Support High Delta on Black (0,0,0) – BENQ SW271

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jul_cal
    Participant

Hi, after HW calibration using Palette Master Element, followed by profiling with DisplayCAL using i1 Display Pro sensor I get pretty decent results, except for the Black point where I always get a high delta (>4) due to very low  b* measured value.

See attached the measurement report.
    Has anyone already experienced this? Anything I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for you help, Julien.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi, after HW calibration using Palette Master Element, followed by profiling with DisplayCAL using i1 Display Pro sensor I get pretty decent results, except for the Black point where I always get a high delta (>4) due to very low  b* measured value.

Grey is pretty bad, all grey ramp. It’s expected in these low cost displays. Low quality panel implies more patches for calibration(not profiling, I’m talking about calibration) and Benq, Dell, Viewosnic.. etc software do not take too many menasurements. I would say as a generic number that 20+ measurements per primary ramp from 0 to 255 are needed with these manufacturers current QC.

You can check by yourself if you enable “Evaluate gray balance through calibration only” = “evaluate against true neutral grey for that display whitepoint”

Contrast is abnormally low for an IPS, IDNK if you choose these paper contras as a parameter for HW calibration, if it is another panel fault (locked uniformity compensation ON in that model?) or if it is user fault. Last one can be caused by GPU sending 16-235 levels on HDMI toa display configured to accept 0-255 levels like most displays. Please check this.

See attached the measurement report.
    Has anyone already experienced this? Anything I’m doing wrong?

It’s caused by pretty poor QC in HW (not neutral grey ramp on panel) and also due to Benq useless software

Your best chance is to use DisplayCAL on top of your HW calibration to fix grey. A lot of Benq, Dell UP owners are forced to do the same. Maybe black 0,0,0 won’t be corrected, but if should fix grey issues.

As long has you have a GPU with high bitdepth LUTs and dithering you won’t experience banding and it will be visually equivalent to HW calibration.

Vincent
    Participant

Also there is an unusual variation betwen measured WP and profiled WP. Since profile was made with DisplayCAL (profile only) it should be close to 0.
    Did you modify OSD parameters after profiling? Brightnest or contrast? Did you wait some time after computer & display power up to measure it?

Measured vs. display profile whitepoint ΔE*00 = 2.52

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS