Hi Florian, hope you had a good year. I have some questions but 1 for now.

Home Forums Help and Support Hi Florian, hope you had a good year. I have some questions but 1 for now.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Do you know if the 1000cd/m2 version is less accurate or a lot slower then the newest one?

The only difference should be the peak luminance up to which they can read.

I wondered if you also had a link to those 2 calibrators for someplace that I could buy from (I’m in Canada) and you would get a percentage?

Not in canada (I had an Amazon.ca associates account, but it was closed by Amazon due to no referrals).

It was looking at each R.G.B. channel and it shows like, R++ G- B-. Does that mean (as I already suspect) that red is over-saturated and being clipped, and that green and blue are not reaching full saturation?

No. ++ means the respective channel needs to increase relative to the others to hit the target.

Darkmatter
    Participant

Higher than 8 bit output will be lost after resume from standby. A reboot fixes that. This is a Windows 10 and/or nVIdia driver bug that has existed forever (Windows 7 was fine…).

15:00:41,148 Effective Video LUT entry depth seems to be 8 bits
    […]

As you can see, DCal thinks the panel is 8bit. I don’t have time to try the “smooth rainbow” test mentioned above but I will later.

DisplayCAL does not say that, read again what DisplayCAL says. It’s the GPU LUT… DisplayCAL says nothing about panel & its bits. We’ve explanied this before.

Ya OK, I made a mistake. No need to be “curt” about it. Either way, as I said, I uninstalled those drivers and installed Studio Drivers that are from before Florian said the bug was introduced, and it is set to 10bit, so it still shouldn’t say 8bit, shouldn’t it?

Vincent
    Participant

Higher than 8 bit output will be lost after resume from standby. A reboot fixes that. This is a Windows 10 and/or nVIdia driver bug that has existed forever (Windows 7 was fine…).

15:00:41,148 Effective Video LUT entry depth seems to be 8 bits
    […]

As you can see, DCal thinks the panel is 8bit. I don’t have time to try the “smooth rainbow” test mentioned above but I will later.

DisplayCAL does not say that, read again what DisplayCAL says. It’s the GPU LUT… DisplayCAL says nothing about panel & its bits. We’ve explanied this before.

Ya OK, I made a mistake. No need to be “curt” about it. Either way, as I said, I uninstalled those drivers and installed Studio Drivers that are from before Florian said the bug was introduced, and it is set to 10bit, so it still shouldn’t say 8bit, shouldn’t it?

Please, read what I quoted, Florian explaiend it before. 1st quote from Florian in my reply and in this reply. There are some issues with Windows and LUTs when certain conditions are met.

Another set of conditions is to use a video LUT loader different from DisplayCAL, like the one present in some HW calibration packages: Dell, Asus, Benq.. etc, or SW calibration like i1Profiler or basiccolor display. Most of them (I would say all) cause GPU LUT truncation to 8bit unless reboot, just loading a no calibration LUT when they profile, or at startup. This happens even with AMDs, but nvidia has other situations where this issue can happen.

Maybe you checked this before, but be careful about what startup programs are executing in your system, and avoid to screen to go standby when you start the computer (in some configurations it goes standby on login screen if you do nothing).

Anyway, it’s not DisplayCAL fault, it’s not your display fault, it’s your GPU (driver).

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS