Help with measurement report please!

Home Forums General Discussion Help with measurement report please!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

redhavn11
    Participant

I recently bought a Datacolor SpyderX Pro and for the first time used DisplayCal (v3.8.9.1) since I heard it has better calibration results than the spyder software, and I also wasn’t satisfied with their calibration results. I made a measurement report with ColorCheckerPassport (see in attachment), not sure if that is a good one. It seems to say that only my measured whitepoint is off at 6.45, while all else seems fine. How can I best proceed from here to get the most color accurate profile for my display?

I am using a laptop screen which is the B156ZAN03.1 3840×2160 of the Aero 15x v8.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by redhavn11.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

“Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint ΔE*00 = 6.45”
    “Measured whitepoint:
    xy 0.2989 0.3059 (XYZ 97.72 100 129.21), CCT 7691K”

This means that display has a cool (blue) white and that white is not white, it has a green or pink cast from “actual daylight white at 7700K”

You can try to correct white using DisplayCAL & GPU at the cost of some banding in most laptops and a some contrast drop (which is unknown from your report).
    Just select a target whitepoint in calibration and DIsplayCAL will do the job. For example some 7*00K CCT daylight to minimize contrast drop, or D65.
    If your laptop has typical TN laptop contrast (400-500:1) I would not try D65, keep native white (what you have now) or some daylight cool white like 7700K,7500K, 7000K CCT in daylight curve.

redhavn11
    Participant

Yes, I was able to fix it by selecting 6500 as color temperature. However, everything outside of color managed apps like lightroom or photoshop look oversaturated, how can this be fixed?

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, I was able to fix it by selecting 6500 as color temperature. However, everything outside of color managed apps like lightroom or photoshop look oversaturated, how can this be fixed?

IDNK if your perception relates to actual oversaturation beyond sRGB. Use displayCAL profile info. If 2D gamut plot is bigger than sRGB there is nothing you can do to fix this on a “generic” laptop with unknown hardware.

But you can use color managed apps: Firefox, old/classic windows image viewer (not Windows 10 photo app), Adobe suite (not video), GIMP, madVR… etc

redhavn11
    Participant

Changing to sRGB mode in ”force color profile” on Chrome makes everything look oversaturated. However keeping it on ”default” results it a much closer image to the same one in Lightroom so I suppose Chrome is color managed too

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I suppose Chrome is color managed too

Not really. They (Chrome devs) have crippled their color management to only correct chroma, not lightness of color, because they were too incompetent to get it working correctly. I am not kidding. If you want accurate color, use Firefox (with gfx.color_management.enablev4 true and gfx.color_management.mode 1).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Florian Höch.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS