Help with calibrating LG 27GN800

Home Forums Help and Support Help with calibrating LG 27GN800

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ahmad Nizam
    Participant

Hi all,

I have the monitor (LG 27GN800) in title and a ColorMunki Display colorimeter. I want to calibrate it to these settings : 6500K whitepoint, 120 cd/m2 brightness, 2.2 gamma. I reset the monitor to the factory settings, let it warm up for an hour or so, and then ran DisplayCAL on it.

However, I can’t seem to get the whitepoint right. Factory settings seems to have excessive blue level as compared to target whitepoint (6500K). I turned the blue level down, which made the monitor green-ish. If I crank up the red in custom RGBs settings, the measured whitepoint does not register high red levels although the monitor is very reddish. At this point I’m frustrated over not getting a good check on the measured whitepoint.

What gamma settings and what kind of correction on the monitor should I use to get as close to 6500K as possible? Please let me know if there’s any other settings that I should configure . Thanks in advance.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

If RGB gains are behaving in a weird way due to poor or malfunctioning HW/firmware, then
    -choose a daylight white closer to native and use it as target, then use RGB gfains to get it.
    or
    -do the sam as above, then use whote point correction in GPU gery calibration, but ypu’ll loose unique grey levels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS