Help with calibrating BenQ EW3270U

Home Forums Help and Support Help with calibrating BenQ EW3270U

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

steven1
    Participant

New to this and looking for some tips on calibrating  a BenQ EW3270U monitor with a X-Rite i1 Display Studio,  not sure what colour correction to use when I check online it lists a lot of corrections can anybody please tell me what is the best one to use please? Also on the screen for calibration settings can anyone please tell me the best settings for White Point, White Level and Tone Curve

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

steven1
    Participant

Vincent
    Participant

WLED PFS for 94-95% P3 displays (Panasonic VVX17P051J00). Import them from Tools menu in DisplayCAL if you didn’t.

steven1
    Participant

Thanks  Vincent will use that now.

steven1
    Participant

Have created a calibration profile with my X-Rite i1 Display Studio on my BenQ EW3270U monitor can someone please tell me if this is good or not? Previously got 94.5% DCI P3 but can now only get 93.1% am I doing something wrong? Have included pictures of my results, the profile from my EDID , displaycal settings and a measurement report. I reset the monitor to default, then set the colours and the whitepoint before calibrating. The monitor contrast, hue and saturation are all at default can’t seem to get the results I had before.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

% differences do not matter. Grey is very good even compared to true neutral grey (ab = 0) & excelent VA contrast. Enjoy it.

steven1
    Participant

Thanks Vincent am new to this and was just looking for confirmation it was ok

S Simeonov
    Participant

I wouldn’t leave the white point “as measured”, but that’s your call after all. Also why there are 2052 patches?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by S Simeonov.

steven1
    Participant

I already set the white point to 6500k before changing it to “as measured” so the white point was already fine.  I used 2000 patches  to get a better calibration as I read that is about the point when you get diminishing returns.

S Simeonov
    Participant

I already set the white point to 6500k before changing it to “as measured” so the white point was already fine.  I used 2000 patches  to get a better calibration as I read that is about the point when you get diminishing returns.

The auto optimized patches should be fine.

steven1
    Participant

Thanks for the advice

steven1
    Participant

Can someone please look at this measurement report and tell me if it is better or worse than the report above?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Grey is worse in new one. “RGB+gray balance”, show additional statistic + evaluate gray balance against true neutral grey.

Also don’t use mac P3 CCSS. Green channel is slightly different because they have higher P3 coverage. Use “Panasonic VVX…” as in previous profile.

Your 1st profile was OK.

steven1
    Participant

Thanks for replying Vincent I compared the spectral images and thought the mac p3 would be usable but obviously not. Thank you for explaining it for me. Will default back to the previous profile.

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks for replying Vincent I compared the spectral images and thought the mac p3 would be usable but obviously not. Thank you for explaining it for me. Will default back to the previous profile.

Grey color issues were not caused by it, but because you wanted to make a faster calibration (s => m-s).

Wrong CCSS “may” cause white point error and minor native green coordinate error.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS