Help with basic calibration on Gigabyte M27Q. Displays not matching at all.

Home Forums Help and Support Help with basic calibration on Gigabyte M27Q. Displays not matching at all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Morg
    Participant

Hello,

Looking to calibrate a new gigabyte M27Q Using Windows 10 DisplayCal and an XRite ColorMunki Display

Was hoping to search here to find a specific ‘correction’ catering to this monitor to use for calibration. Not seeing any way to search these forums to find that?

Using ‘none/auto’ appears to come up with a decent result but finding that result does not match at all with my older Dell U2711 ( the M25Q comes out with a much warmer white point).

Any tips on why this might be? Are there any specific ‘calibrations’ should be using with these monitors for a basic icc profile calibration? Also wondering if having the xrite I1 Studio software installed at the same time as the DisplayCal software will cause issues? I do find that I have to manually go to my Windows color management settings and manually choose the ICC profile quite often as it seems to reset when entering/exiting various applications and on boot.

Perhaps unchecking the ‘use my settings for this device’ in Windows Color management will work best or will it prevent DisplayCal from being able to apply the profile?

Help/advice appreciated, thank you.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Search forum. U2711 is WG CCFL. Those new P3 gaming displays like your new one MAY be WLED PFS (Panasonic vvx… CCSS correction). If in doubt use some display as reference and use visual white point editor to get a whitepoint match.

For software issues just make sure that Xrite tray app is not loaded on startup, just DisplayCAL loader. Use displaycal tray app for switching profiles. You’ll need taht checkbox to apply profiles to your display.

Morg
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, very helpful. I actually have an U2711HM not a U2711 (as previously stated). The U2711HM is White LED and so I’ve calibrated it using the ‘none’ option. Is there another option which might give better results?

I returned (or am returning) the M27Q as it has an odd RGB arrangement (BMG instead which creates some oddities when reading text and generally makes the screen hard to use for normal tasks) but thank you regardless!

Vincent
    Participant

If U2711HM  is LED (sRGB) then use White LED IPS included in DisplayCAL (if an user made CCSS is not available for that model in community database).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS