Help to calibrate DELL U2515H

Home Forums General Discussion Help to calibrate DELL U2515H

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by tuxx.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hello!

My name is Gianluca.

Im a very novice in color management.  So I need some help to calibrate  my  dell U2515H with a  ColorMunki Display with displaycal software.

Can you suggest to me a good settings  in displaycal for calibrate my monitor, and a good kind of profile  for work  with lightroom cc and photoshop cc 2015 ?(matrix, curves+ matrix, lut, etc….)

I was forgetting, I have a PC with windows 10 x64

Thanks in advance.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

under “Settings”, select the “Office & Web” preset. Under “Correction”, select “Spectral: LCD White LED IPS”.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Thank you  Florian for the help!

Now the entire calibration process result ok in “verification”. But i have a problem with lightroom, photoshop and irfanview.

I opened with these programs a picture that contains a  ColorGammaGradient test. I see that the gradients are not smooth.

I used a XYZ LUT + matrix  profile, could be this type of profile is not compatible with these applications?  maybe  have I to change the type of profile? could you give me any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you for your consideration, I really appreciate your work!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I opened with these programs a picture that contains a ColorGammaGradient test. I see that the gradients are not smooth.

Usually a sign that these programs do processing in limited bit depth and without dithering. In practice, this may not be a big problem – “gamma” test pictures are often created artificially and don’t contain any noise, which elevates quantization artifacts (and adding a tiny amount of noise to them often eliminates the problem). Photos on the other hand are never noise-free and thus less likely to show quantization artifacts even during limited bit depth processing.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Thanks you Florian  for the explanation. So, now everything is ok with my monitor.

Thank you again for the help!

tuxx
    Participant

Hi all,

I also have the same screen wil colormunki and I can’t find the option LCD White LED IPS anymore.

Please can you advise what I should check from the options of latest version?

Thank you in advance.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hi!
    Go to Menu, tools-> Correction-> import colorimeter correction from other display profile software.
    Check the first option “i1Profiles(i1 Displaypro, colormunki display, spyder4, spyder5)”
    then click on “Auto” button.
    now you should have this option again.

tuxx
    Participant

Thanks.

It did not change the options however. I believe that what I am searhcing for has been renamed to LCD White LED family. Please can you confirm?

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

yes, I confirm.  I also have the same option “LCD White LED family (ac, lg samsung)”.  it  should be the right option to choose for our screen, or at least I’m using it and it works.
    I had not noticed that the name was changed.

tuxx
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS