Help – Poor low end calibration..

Home Forums General Discussion Help – Poor low end calibration..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

philB
    Participant

Hello,

Just hoping to get better results in the low/black end. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I’m using a colormunki on 2 dell 2415’s. Basically using default settings but with SRGB tone curve, ambient light level as measured in my office by the color munki (roughly 40 Lux), and a color temp of 6500.

The monitor is advertised as covering 99% of srgb, but im only getting 97.6. Small difference I know, but should i not expect this difference to be resolved? It seems mostly great, but the results in black are much farther of than anything else.

One thing Im uncertain of is the correction settings. Following this post from the dell color guy (https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/U2415-factory-calibration/td-p/4641476) I downloaded the “Spectral:LCD (dell 2415 colormunki)”.ccss from the online database and then have it selected in the correction dialogue of the interface.

I’m attaching my results and settings in case they are helpful.

PS. if I run more than one calibration do i have to do anything in between? Like clear the profiling/calibration? it’s not like I’m calibrating over top of the calibration if I don’t is it?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by philB.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Hello,

Just hoping to get better results in the low/black end. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I’m using a colormunki on 2 dell 2415’s. Basically using default settings but with SRGB tone curve, ambient light level as measured in my office by the color munki (roughly 40 Lux), and a color temp of 6500.

I’m not very sure of what you want to do, but if my guess is correct you just want a sRGB calibrated monitor for “web”?
    Then use sRGB TRC without ambient light info or just 2.2 gamma without ambient light

The monitor is advertised as covering 99% of srgb, but im only getting 97.6. Small difference I know, but should i not expect this difference to be resolved? It seems mostly great, but the results in black are much farther of than anything else.

Advertised gamut is just native gamut ant native white. Maybe some tweaks you did in OSD or GPU calibration lowered that %. I won’t bother about this.

I’m attaching my results and settings in case they are helpful.

That high gamma may be related to ambient light. Do not use it unless you realy know what you are doing.

PS. if I run more than one calibration do i have to do anything in between? Like clear the profiling/calibration? it’s not like I’m calibrating over top of the calibration if I don’t is it?

DisplayCAL is going to clear GPU LUT data before calibrating again, just tweak RGB gain to get your desired white (& brightness)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS