Help in understanding 3D LUT

Home Forums Help and Support Help in understanding 3D LUT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

GoldenSW
    Participant

Hello,  in order to avoid spam, I will address two issues that I’ve been dealing with. Hopefully that’s ok.

1. While I’m new to this to this concept/function, I’ve managed to create a 3D LUT profile for use with ReShade to fully color correct games. I’m not 100% I got it right, hence this first topic. Basically, I created it by selecting my active ICM profile at the settings section with “Untethered” as display. Afterwards, I unchecked “Create 3D LUT after profiling” and “Apply calibration (vcgt)” as instructed by a warning I got. Rest I left unchanged. Is there any way to test for accuracy or is the verification testchart I used initially for the ICM profile and was happy with enough?
    2. Secondly, I’m using an i1 display pro and a DELL 2719dgf. When I used the function to check online for colorimeter correction, it found this: https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccmx&manufacturer_id=DEL&display=S2719DGF&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display&html=1 . Is it something I should trust and use?

Thank you! 🙂

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

MW
    Participant

You need to load an exception for the games .exe in the profile loader. For a 1000:1 contrast display like yours you might be better served by changing the default tone curve to gamma 2.2.

GoldenSW
    Participant

Yeah, good points. I believe I set it to 2.2. Do you know how can I be sure the LUT is accurate?  It feels that I have a somewhat red tint.

MW
    Participant

Search the forum for 3DLUT verification. You could try the generic White LED correction if you think the user provided one is a bad match.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS