Help! I can't calibrate my Benq GW2765ht

Home Forums Help and Support Help! I can't calibrate my Benq GW2765ht

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

I’ve tried everything I can think of.  My targets are 120 cd/m and 6500k.  The end result is always the same, a dull and dark image with little contrast.  Brightness varies little, from black to a dull gray (whites). Some color images look almost grayscale.  In contrast I use the same settings on my lg 4k monitor.  Blacks are black and whites are white (not dull gray). Subtle color differences are easily noticeable. The benq is a back-up for the 4k monitor.  I expected some differences, but not something like this, color vs grayscale.

Btw, I’m using a Spyder5 pro

Some Questions

1. what  type of monitor is the Benq GW2765ht (mode)?
    2. What settings are “best” on this monitor for calibration?
    3. Are there any spyder5 corrections for my monitor?

Sorry for the rather unfocused message.

Thanks

Robert

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Make sure you are driving the monitor with the correct levels. If you are using Windows and have an nVidia graphics chipset/card, check output dynamic range in nVidia control panel under “Resolutions”. Make sure output levels in DisplayCAL are set to “Auto” (in case you changed it).

Your other questions:

1. Check displayspecifications.com
    2. Use defaults or office & web preset
    3. Check the online colorimeter corrections database (click “search online” button next to correction in DisplayCAL)

t.g.v
    Participant

… do have that monitor. it uses AUOs M270DAN01.0 (older ones) or M270DAN02.0 (mine).

calibration wo any problems in USER mode; blue and green at 95; red unchanged at 100. brightness around 20.

regards!

t.g.v
    Participant

it is actually RGB 100 96 95. brightness “19” for 110  cd.

black luminance 0,09. contrast 1170. sRGB coverage 99%.

pretty good for a cheap WQHD.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by t.g.v. Reason: add. info
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by t.g.v. Reason: add. info

Robert
    Participant

I tried some of the above suggestions. It worked for a while, then the following started to happen:

I now get a pink color cast when I use the displayport and green color cast when I switch to HDMI.

Is something wrong with the monitor?

Robert

Florian Höch (g+)
    Participant

Possibly a wrong driver setting (YCbCr vs RGB), or a broken cable.

Robert
    Participant

Florian,

I played with the monitor some more. Everything looks good with calibration process, that is until I save the profile. That’s when the colorcast appears.  If I don’t save then no color cast.  If I manually calibrate the monitor everything seems to come out ok, but since I’m eyeballing it I’m not so sure about its accuracy.

Robert

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Attach the profile and related files please (“create compressed archive” next to settings).

Robert
    Participant

Florian,

Hope this is the correct file.

Related files?

Sorry I had to reinstall Displaycal. Interesting thing happened this time, the software was able to locate the correction for the gw2765. This has never happened before.  The color cast is gone, but the colors still look odd.

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks. Your Spyder5 sees a lot less red near white than I would think is normal (look at the calibration curves in profile information). You should probably ditch the correction you’re using and use the Spyder5’s white LED measurement mode.

Robert
    Participant

Following your suggestions  here is the info on the new profile. (still not sure about this)

Robert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It seems this particular monitor (model?) just doesn’t have very neutral native gray balance. As long as it looks neutral after calibration, that isn’t a problem (otherwise set calibration speed from high to medium for a more thorough calibration). The profiles themselves are fine.

Interesting thing happened this time, the software was able to locate the correction for the gw2765. This has never happened before.

A user added that one April 15th 19:32 🙂

stinkyweezle
    Participant

Replying to an old thread here, but just ran into this problem myself and found the answer.

While connected to an HDMI source

Menu > Picture Advanced > HDMI RGB PC Range > RGB (0 ~ 255)

By default it was set to “RGB (16~235)” which was compressing the whites and blacks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS