HELP Calibrate Dell XPS 7590

Home Forums Help and Support HELP Calibrate Dell XPS 7590

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lindsey
    Participant

Hi

Im new to all of this so I apologize. I purchased a Dell XPS 7590 with 4k touchscreen. After 3 calibrations, and searching the web for help I am not happy with the results. Im using a Spyder 4 Pro to calibrate for accurate skin tones while using Lightroom and Photoshop for photo editing.

Ill attach the measurement report, and I know enough to know that Im not doing something correctly.

Please inform me on how to run this properly.

Also, I don’t know if it matters of not, but I tried to do the Lagom test and when I got to display settings it said this:

“Resolution: 1536×864
    Description:
    Note: monitors for this resolution are uncommon; the resolution may not match the native resolution of your monitor.
    Color depth: 24 bits (Truecolor, Millions of colors)

The above shows the display (video card) settings as reported by your browser. Unfortunately, there is no way for this web page to find out what the capabilities of your monitor are, but for good image quality, the video card and monitor should be matched. The resolution displayed above should be the same as the native resolution of your LCD monitor or a lot of these tests will not work. The tests requiring a matched resolution are labeled as such in their description. In case of doubt, check the manual or do a web search on the model number of your monitor. The color depth should be 24 or 32 bits for the best test results; a 16-bit color depth will cause some artifacts in the test images that do not have anything to do with the monitor quality per se.”

Any insight on what that means and how to fix it?  I know it is obviously not showing my gamma properly when I look at the gamma calibration screen.

I have never dealt with a graphics card before, and I recently went in and set it to be default in Lighroom, but I didn’t know if I needed to go into the BIOS and have it set to be default over the Intel graphics. Does this make a difference in calibration?

Thanks for any advice

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Report shows bad calibration even with profile applied. Maybe that laptop has some kind of autodimming, DISABLE IT, then redo all again.

Spyder4 is an innacuate device so even if report shows all ok… it is not. It will be even more innacurate if yo do not use proper correction for that kind of backlight, in older Spyders the closest (but NOT the same) is RGB LED for widegamut LEDs. Yours looks liek one of these.

Some banding is expected if GPU cannot use or do not have high bitdepth LUTs and dithering. There is nothing you can do about that in a laptop other than buy a reliable monitor with HW calibration.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS