Help: Calibrate 2009 Y monitor

Home Forums General Discussion Help: Calibrate 2009 Y monitor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Martynas Alšauskas
    Participant

Hi there,
    For two days I am trying to calibrate my monitor, however no Luck 🙁

Background:
    Monitor: 2009 mode, LG3000H, in the manual written:Flat Panel Active matrix-TFT LCD, wide gammut
    Monitor has only brightness button. I am unable to configure RGB
    Calibrator
    : Spyder4
    Target: photoretouching

So I freshly migrated to MacOS and found, that my Spyder 4 is not supported (32bit), so I found out Display Cal.

I am trying everything, but I am not able to find right. Could you show me where a my mistakes? (Ive read documentation, but I cant figure this out).

How do I know that it is Off?
    1. colors looks radioactive and doesnt correspond to what i see on the mobile (Samsung S20, uncalibrated)
    2. report shows various errors, like  Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint ΔE*00 deviation from 3 to 14

Mode: Now I choose LCD generic (alternatives CCFL, CCFL white gammut, white led). nothing works.
    Correction:Auto (none). Previously tried with various and did not work
    White point: 6500
    White level: 120
    Calibration enviroment: curtains closed, no artifical light

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Martynas Alšauskas
    Participant

I was able to figure out how to set custom white point, however even after that still I can’t pass verification (Delta ~14 diff)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

You’re trying to calibrate a worn-out  monitor vith a very inprecise instrument, so the results will never be really good.

Start by updating ArgyllCMS – for which DisplayCAL is a GUI – to the latest version:

1. Download the latest version: https://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V2.3.1_osx10.6_x86_64_bin.tgz
    2. Extracct the archive.
    3. Go to File > Locate ArgyllCMS executables… 
    4. Navigate to <download location>/Argyll_V2.3.1/bin and click “Select Folder”

Decrease the calibration speed from very high to high and increase the number of profiling patches to at least 175.

Try a CCFL correction.

Vincent
    Participant

Monitor: 2009 mode, LG3000H, in the manual written:Flat Panel Active matrix-TFT LCD, wide gammut
    Monitor has only brightness button. I am unable to configure RGB
    Calibrator
    : Spyder4

inaccurate device, try to get an i1d3.

I was able to figure out how to set custom white point, however even after that still I can’t pass verification (Delta ~14 diff)

If you set a visual white point… you are not aiming to daylight locus, hence big Assummed vs measured whitepoint error.
    All measurmenets with that innacurate device will say “off target” because you do not aim to waht that innacurate device measures as “D65” but to what you manually/vislually choose close to D65.
    But even if it is not dayloght, grey should have the same color as white, taht’s teh point of using a custom white: grey color is “calibrated”

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS