Hangs on startup

Home Forums Help and Support Hangs on startup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nestor
    Participant

I have the following problem: I can not run the DisplayCal 3.2, the application starts but stops at the logo. I installed the program, deleted all traces I found from previous installs, but nothing happens. It happens a strange problem, first I installed the software of Xrite, but I do not know why it affected Adobe Photoshop and Bridge, both programs were hung when starting. I uninstalled t Xrite and installed DisplayCal, the first time I installed it, I kept looking for ports indefinitely. After uninstalling and deleting everything, I restarted the machine and I was able to install DisplayCal, apparently with no problems, but DisplayCal hangs when booting. The machine is a I7, 32GB RAM, Asus X99, Gforce GTX 960 with latest driver, two HD monitors, Windows 10 with all the updates.
    The other strange thing is that Photoshop and Bridge runs good without Xrite, that’s the reason why I try profiling with DisplayCal. I have a good experience with it in a powerful laptop, i7 with W10 and GTX640m.
    Any advice? I am very perplexed. Please excuse my English.

Néstor

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Nestor.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

it probably hangs while enumerating displays and instruments, which happens at launch of the application if there were no instruments found during a previous launch. The enumeration background process is normally auto-killed after 10 seconds if it is still running by then (enumeration should normally take around one second, so 10 should be plenty). While it hangs, do you see a “dispcal.exe” (not DisplayCAL.exe) process in task manager? If that is the case, then it didn’t finish in time and couldn’t be killed for some reason. Please also attach logs (see ReadMe for logfiles location).

Nestor
    Participant

Thank you very much for the reply. I discovered that the uninstallation of the X-Rite program had not been done correctly and had been a service that was damaging the whole operation. To uninstall the Xrite service I had to install it again, and uninstall it again. As I was a little pressed I continued with the Xrite, but soon I will try with DisplayCal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS