Halp. Trying to match benq pd2700u to pd3200u

Home Forums Help and Support Halp. Trying to match benq pd2700u to pd3200u

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

emansp
    Participant

I’m right about to go insane. I bought a benq pd2700u for grading. I liked it so ordered a pd3200u for my main monitor so I could have matching colors. The pd2700u has a slightly more magenta tint and the pd3200u has more of a green tint. Close, but not nearly close enough. I had a spyder 4.

RGB was pretty close, got it perfect. Calibrated… slight tint still. Messed with white points, tried 6500k, tried using white point to adjust the two screens to closer, Tried srgb, gamma 2.2, rec1886/2.4, read the FAQ section about gamma difference a bunch of times and still not 100% sure about how to visually adjust. I ordered an i1 pro plus to replace the aging spyder. Way faster… still a cast.

Halp plz.

Vincent
    Participant

I’m right about to go insane. I bought a benq pd2700u for grading. I liked it so ordered a pd3200u for my main monitor so I could have matching colors. The pd2700u has a slightly more magenta tint and the pd3200u has more of a green tint. Close, but not nearly close enough. I had a spyder 4.

One potential source of errors, get an i1d3

RGB was pretty close, got it perfect. Calibrated… slight tint still. Messed with white points, tried 6500k, tried using white point to adjust the two screens to closer, Tried srgb, gamma 2.2, rec1886/2.4, read the FAQ section about gamma difference a bunch of times and still not 100% sure about how to visually adjust. I ordered an i1 pro plus to replace the aging spyder. Way faster… still a cast.

Halp plz.

If you keep Spyder, choose the one which white is “better” when manually matched numerically to D65 coordinates. Then go to the other, set D65 manually in OSD too, then choose visual white point editor and modify white until it matches.
    For these 2nd visually matched monitor you have to use relative colorimetric LUT3D, not abs. col.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

emansp
    Participant

Ya, I got the pro plus. It is faster and does seem to be more accurate – shows greater variance when doing the initial RGB correction but there is still a notable color difference between the two monitors.

Vincent
    Participant

Apply 2nd part of message

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS