H9090 Dimming Function

Home Forums Help and Support H9090 Dimming Function

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gedda
    Participant

I have a Vivitek H9090 that has a dynamic led lamp dimming function that seems to have no internal gamma or grayscale correction, i.e. every change in lamp power is very visible, brighter areas in low lamp scenes are much dimmer, and colors are constantly changing, whereas the dynamic dimming on a benq w1070 is completely invisible. Is it possible to correct the dimming on the pc end? Similar models like the Runco Q750 and Sim2 Mico60/M.150 sound like they have corrected dimming function. I tried making a 3d lut but the picture doesnt look right, Im not sure how to describe it though, colors are off and shadow detail is lost. Should I consider a spectrophotometer like the eyeone pro instead of the i1display pro that i have?

Please advise on any necessary information as I’m brand new to calibrations.

Meter: XRite i1display Pro
    Projector: Vivitek H9090
    Windows 10 PC, GTX1070

Players: Madvr and youtube in chrome

GPU set to RGB Full 12bit
    Madvr set to 16-235
    Projector set to
    -rgb video(full for youtube)
    -dynamic contrast 4x
    -adaptive contrast off
    -brilliant color off
    -color space rec709
    -gamma film(2.2)

Tried meter at 1.5 screen height distance, at bottom of screen, angled toward center of screen, also a few inches from the screen. Smaller pattern size not full window.

Displaycal set to madvr sdr, rec709 source, gamma 2.2

I’d also like to make a 3d lut for rec2020 / p3 to use for hdr content. Is that just the same setup but set source color space to rec2020 and put the projector in native? And should I use the cms to calibrate down to p3 or use the projectors full gamut?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is it possible to correct the dimming on the pc end?

Not really. Enabling white level drift compensation might help some, as would experimenting with patch area and background to figure out the most stable setting.

Should I consider a spectrophotometer like the eyeone pro instead of the i1display pro that i have?

Definitely not. The i1 Pro is much slower than the Display Pro, so that will exacerbate your problem.

-dynamic contrast 4x

I would turn off any setting that has “dynamic” in its name.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS