Green Tint on some greys

Home Forums Help and Support Green Tint on some greys

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

canyon1991
    Participant

Hi,

Calibrated my laptop and external screen, but on my external screen I am getting some weird green tint on some of the grey. Does anyone have some suggestions on what can be causing it? It’s more noticeable browsing the web.

Thank you

canyon1991
    Participant

I did a new calibration with a different Profile Type and it didn’t work. So I reloaded my previous calibration profile and the grey was grey again. So now I am bit confused.

However, I then did a measurement report and in very first few second it tests the white colour and tint came back? I noticed my screen changed to a greener tint and stayed that why after that.

When does it put the green tint on that white colour? Plus it affects my screen going forward unless I reload the profile again.

UPDATE: as soon as the report finished the grey became grey again. More confused now.

Anyway to make the grey look less green I had to change the colour temp to 7000K instead of 6500K. I did not do a new calibration – I literally measured the white point and then left the calibration and profile, but the report still reports  OK (below recommended) so I guess just changing the white point doesn’t affect the calibration that much.

I wanted 6500K but at 7000K it doesn’t look bad either.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS