Green shades of grey.

Home Forums General Discussion Green shades of grey.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve bought AOC AGON AG352UCG and and I noticed something strange.  The shades of grey is green and color banding. In dark games like Amnesia and STALKER in poorly lit rooms black shadows is combined with green like a compressed video. I’ve bought Spyder 4 to fix this but it only fixed color banding and green shades of grey became even more visible. Creature on the left must be almost black but it’s somehow green. A tried everything and can’t fix this yet. What setting i should use? Is my monitor defective?

Anonymous
    Inactive

On picture is Gamma adjustment.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Many games do override the system-wide calibration. Make sure that calibration is actually active in-game (i.e. assign one of the test profiles from the “tests” subfolder in the DisplayCAL program directory which introduces a strong color cast. If you do not see the same cast in-game, the game does override desktop calibration).

Anonymous
    Inactive

For games that are overrides the calibration i’m using Reshade. But the game, the screenshot of which I laid out above, does not require a reshade. What DisplaCal settings i should use to fix this “green shades of grey”? Is this even fixable?

Anonymous
    Inactive

And is there a way to fix this color banding?

Anonymous
    Inactive

After calibration it has been reduced, but it’s still there. Sorry for so many questions.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What DisplaCal settings i should use to fix this “green shades of grey”? Is this even fixable?

Set black point correction (advanced option) on the calibration tab to a higher value and re-calibrate/re-profile.

And is there a way to fix this color banding?

Banding is typically caused by limited bit depth processing (by e.g. the graphics card or the monitor), so cannot be fixed by calibrating or profiling.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could there be a problem in the wire?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Good question. Do you even have banding/posterization if not using any calibration/profile and looking at smooth test gradients? If so, it may be worthwile to try and swap the cable out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good question. Do you even have banding/posterization if not using any calibration/profile and looking at smooth test gradients?

Yes, i do. Thanks for replying. I will try with another few cables.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS