Gray In lightroom looks blue after displaycal calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Gray In lightroom looks blue after displaycal calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Davekal
    Participant

Hello,

I have run into a bit of a problem. I ran a monitor calibration with DisplayCal software and a Spyder5 calibrator.  Everything looks great system wide but when I get to lightroom it seems that grays all have a blue hue to them for some reason? The histogram shows grays as blue on the Library tab and developer tab as well. I know that these images are not hued blue through past experience and also my editing laptop shows the histogram for these images with gray below the histogram color curve.

This is very noticeable when changing the background color to a shade of gray in the developer tab. White and Black are very true to color when set as the background color.

As photographers a picture is worth a thousand words =). Here is a screenshot of the library tab and develop tab with a “medium gray” backround. Also I attached a photo of the blues where the gray should be in the histogram.

*Changing my system color profile to another profile does not change the Problem.*

I attached photos of what the colors look like in lightroom as well as the settings I set my color calibration to.

I am stumped, Please Help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Davekal
    Participant

I solved the problem by following a tip from the folks on the Adobe forum.

“Did you restart Lightroom after changing the profile? It needs to be restarted to become aware of the new monitor profile.Another thing to try: Set the monitor profile back to the one you created when calibrating, restart Lightroom if running, then go to Edit > Preferences > Performance, and uncheck Use graphics processor. If that fixes the issue, update your graphics driver, then try to enable the GPU again.”

The thing that helped me the most was removing the graphics driver, restarting my computer and reinstalling the graphics driver. Problem fixed

Hope this helps someone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS