Graphics drivers or hardware do not support loadable gamma ramps

Home Forums Help and Support Graphics drivers or hardware do not support loadable gamma ramps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

RogerP
    Participant

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card and have been using DisplayCAL without problems for some while.

I updated to the latest version and now cannot use it as I get the following message ““Your graphics drivers or hardware do not support loadable gamma ramps or calibration”.

I guess that I need to roll back the version so I can use DisplayCAL again, but I am unable to find any legacy downloads.  Can anyone help?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This problem is not fixable by software rollback. If your graphics card or drivers do not provide gamma ramp access, you are unable to use calibration. Typically this is a problem with broken or incomplete graphics card driver install.

RogerP
    Participant

The Nvidia graphics card does support Gamma Ramps and I have been working with the Nvidia techs to try and solve this problem. There didn’t seem to be a problem with the graphics card and judging by the lack of other people having problems with DisplayCAL I needed to look elsewhere.

Solved today.  I use Comodo Internet Security for my anti-virus and firewall and unbeknownst to me, although it was set to allow DisplayCAL and Argyll, it had quarantined a couple of files preventing DisplayCAL from running properly. I have cleared these files and everything is now running smoothly.

Katarina Krneta
    Participant

I have RTX2060 and there is exact same problem… but my solution is role back to DisplayCAL-3.8.0.0.

is there any other solution to this kind of problem?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

but my solution is role back to DisplayCAL-3.8.0.0.

This is not a solution. It will still not work, you just won’t get an error message alerting you about it.

RogerP
    Participant

Hi Katarina. I did have the problem, but it was my Anti-virus that was restricting access to the Argyll files. I didn’t spot this when I installed DisplayCAL etc. but once I had cleared the Antivirus and created an exception for Argyll, everything works fine and no problems with DisplayCal locating the gamma ramps.

Katarina Krneta
    Participant

@fhoech So what is the solution?

@rogerp
    I tried.
    Try to add an exclusion (for displaycal.exe), disable AV (Kaspersky av), and uninstalled at the end and no go, also Win. Defender disabled completely… I think there is something related to Windows update April and version 2004…

RogerP
    Participant

Hi Katarina

My issue was the AV was isolating the ArgyllCMS files not the Displaycal files. Unfortunately I am at the limit of my experience and don’t know what else to suggest. Good luck finding a solution.

Kompy
    Participant

Hello,

I have a GTX 980ti and is happening the same thing.  I did not have antivirus at the beginning, so I installed one to disabled it (desperate…) I did re-installed the DisplatCAL and the GPU drivers and restart everything.

Any other suggestion?

I’m using a i1Display Studio, and I have a similar issue with the i1Studio software. So is pretty clear a hardware/drivers problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Kompy
    Participant

Fixed. Uninstall GPU drivers with DDU software. Re-install GPU drivers again and works.

János Tóth F.
    Participant

How do I disable this error message and get readings? I get this error when I try to run the “Tools/Advanced/Measure testchart” option to profile a display with a built-in 3DLUT, so I don’t even need the VGA 1DLUT at all (besides, I instruct DisplayCAL to measure the testchart with dispread, skipping the calibration altogether, to begin with anyways).

Edit: The same thing happens (I get the error and no measurement is taken) when I set the Calibration tab to complete “as measured” and “no interactive” state, then I hit the “Profile only” button.

I could get around this using madVR in SDR mode but that doesn’t seem to work out in HDR mode (the patches are scaled back to SDR by madVR and/or the OS, or whatever…).

János Tóth F.
    Participant

Oh, I remembered I need the HDFury Integral for this kind of stuff (since DisplayCAL doesn’t have an option to tell madVR the RGB triplets are to be scaled to HDR). Unfortunately, it doesn’t wish to work right now for some reason (it used to work great with a Geforce VGA and an LG TV but now I get a “no signal” error on the display for some reason when it’s in the chain, even if I reset the Integral to factory default…).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS