Getting Started (LG VA 95% Dci-p3) – SpyderX

Home Forums Help and Support Getting Started (LG VA 95% Dci-p3) – SpyderX

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mike88
    Participant

Hello,
    I bought a SpyderX pro, did different calibration also on my notebook to test it but I’ve preferred to use Displaycal for a more accurate calibration.
    My main pc monitor is a 32″ LG32UK550 VA HDR10 Panel 60hz with specified Gamut of 95% Dci-p3 and in fact with SpyderX pro software it tells me the same after calibration (95% dpi 100% srgb gamut).

For the wider gamut I use “custom” mode on the monitor OSD where I can also set the RGB value to match the whitepoint better. Then I calibrate it also with “REC709” mode (only brightness adjustment available) to match almost sRGB color space only because mostly I edit video and post photo on the net, no printing. 100cd my target brightness for both. >Seems to work. (but in fact I’m new to calibration at all)

I usually set my target white point 6500k and 100cd, gamma 2,2. and then i select the “slow” calibration process. I use rgb range 0-255 for the wider gamut and 16-255 for srgb/rec709 (also because the monitor lock black level to high level in this mode.)
    I’ve always used generic setting for the display, don’t know if I have to use WLED or anything different, cannot achieve info of my specific panel.

If I check the accuracy of the REC709 profile with srgb I get “OK vv”  on the html report and seems to be fine, don’t know by the way if I’m doing it right or not.
    I have few questions:

1. For the monitor “REC709” which mode I have to choose on DisplayCal to calibrate it properly also for the gamma, considering I edit 8bit video and use lightroom to post on Instagram? srgb is my target and for what I know is the same space color with different gamma. Have to target 6500K?
    2. Wider gamut: what’s the right settings to achieve the best result for color accuracy?
    3. How to test uncalibrated monitor? If I go on the report menu the step stop after 2 two minutes saying it cannot identify the lut, If I use the “verification” menu it works selection srgb as a target and display profile.

I always use 6500K and 100cd target to prevent eyestress, where default constrast of the monitor OSD is 70, never tried to modify and don’t know if it helps. Using Native temperature of display can alter colours and accuracy?
    Wha’t the right process and steps to calibrate the monitor? (target settings, what to change or not, use white and black drift or not, etc..)

Thank You 🙂
    Mike

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Mike88.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Mike88
    Participant

In few words:
    I want to use a dual configuration:
    – wide gamut around 95% dci-p3 90% AdobeRGB, maximum screen performance but sometimes I have to work or more color while having to export in srgb with different results. (expecially on video editing software is a problem, I see more red colors and when I upload the video become different, less saturated)
    – REC709 mode (DISPLAY OSD) by limiting the color gamut with a separate calibration profile to srgb for video editing and instagram photo editing (Lightroom).

Seems to work in fact, but don’t know if I did the right steps or please let me know what are the steps to do 🙂 thank you

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Mike88.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS