Getting "GammaTracker" error every time I turn monitor on.

Home Forums Help and Support Getting "GammaTracker" error every time I turn monitor on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Darkmatter
    Participant

Topic says most of it.

The error is GammaTracker.cpp 636      1248 (0x4E0)

It pops up pretty much every time I turn my monitor on.

Using Sypder5Pro.

Edit: Should also add that from my perspective my monitor seems to have a bit of a yellow tinge to it after calibration.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Darkmatter.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Darkmatter.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

The error is GammaTracker.cpp 636 1248 (0x4E0)

I don’t know what GammaTracker.cpp is, it seems to part of the Spyder software. I would recommend uninstalling it.

Edit: Should also add that from my perspective my monitor seems to have a bit of a yellow tinge to it after calibration.

That’s not unusual, some monitors have a very “cool” white point before calibration (say, 9000K correlated color temperature), so if you calibrate to e.g. the common 6500K, this will seem warmer in comparison.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Florian Höch.

Darkmatter
    Participant

Thanks.

Three follow up questions.

1.  Don’t I need the Spyder software?
    2.  The screen also seems dark a bit, so I upped the brightness a little. Is that OK?
    3.  I think I already have the screen set to “cool” because that was the closest white point to what it asked for. Can I fix the yellow by lowering the R and G values a bit?

Thanks again!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Don’t I need the Spyder software?

If you’re using DisplayCAL, the Spyder software is not needed unless you plan to switch.

The screen also seems dark a bit, so I upped the brightness a little. Is that OK?

That should be ok, but please note that any changes made via the display OSD require re-calibration.

Can I fix the yellow by lowering the R and G values a bit?

If you feel the screen is still too warm even after letting your eyes adapt for several minutes, you can calibrate to a higher color temperature (or use “As measured” and adjust the white point visually). Also make sure to use the correct measurement mode for your backlight type (probably “White LED”).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS