Getting Bad Measurement Report Verification

Home Forums General Discussion Getting Bad Measurement Report Verification

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SuspiciousPixel
    Participant

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening where ever in the World you are reading this.

I am calibrating a Dell S2716DG (TN Anti-Glare LED-backlit LCD Gaming Monitor). I am using Windows 10 and a Xrite ChromaPure i1 Display Pro Retail which I purchased in 2013. DisplayCAL is version 3.8.9.3 with ArgyllCMS drivers.

My problem is when I go to Tools>Report>Measurement Report the HTML File shows Average and Maximum Delta as (NOT OK) The Verification Tab has Measurement Report Grayed out therefore I can only do it this way.

Please find attached My DisplayCal Settings

Thank you in advance. Images Posted below as I can only attach one image for some reason.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

SuspiciousPixel
    Participant

Additionally when I last calibrated was around 5 years ago and I used the correction as shown in the image but that now seems to be missing from the options however it doesn’t improve the measurement report if I use any of the options below:

1. Spectral LCD CCFL TFT (Dell, S2716DG (i1 Pro2)
    2. Spectral LCD White LED Family (AC, LG, Samsung)

View post on imgur.com

Vincent
    Participant
    1. Plot correction to check CCSS spectral power distribution, maybe it is a bad one uploade by some user.
    2. Verification configuration is wrong. You are asking that way to unload grey calibration and verify if monitor (with OSD tweaks and without further grey calibration or colorspace transformation) matches Rec709… which is expected to fail. Disable all those check boxes.
    3. If you want to have color correction in games or other non color managed app use Ledoge’s DWMLUT
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Vincent.

SuspiciousPixel
    Participant

Hi Vincent

1. I have no idea how that is done or what the previous correction that Florian recommend I use many years ago went.
    2. Ran it again with your recommended changes and the Report is much better now thank you
    3. Oh I do use that but I wanted to verify the cube file and that’s where I started getting a bad measurement report. I gotta figure out how to verify that next.

Thanks again for you help đŸ™‚

Vincent
    Participant

Hi Vincent

1. I have no idea how that is done or what the previous correction that Florian recommend I use many years ago went.

There is an info button next to correction

1. Oh I do use that but I wanted to verify the cube file and that’s where I started getting a bad measurement report. I gotta figure out how to verify that next.

To verify LUT3D with DisplayCAL “only”, you must set what you set on your image but you need to add the LUT3D to verify. Instead of verifiying .cube LUT3D, DisplayCAL verifies the equivalent in ICC a “device link”. When you generated your .cube LUT3D for DWMLUT several ICC files were gerenaed too, choose the one with the same name as LUT3D (~1.5MB), it’s the ICC device link. It’s equivalent to a LUT3D, transform from your target colorspce (rec709) to monitor colorspace . So choose device link ICC an put it in the lower combo box in verification tab, then run verification.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS