Generic Monitor Display Names and Unassigned profiles.

Home Forums Help and Support Generic Monitor Display Names and Unassigned profiles.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bjarne Blume
    Participant

I was up and running using DisplayCAL 3.4 for video editing.  I have two HP2710m monitors which are not the highest quality, but that is what I have. I just updated to a new AMD 16 core computer with an NVidia Quadro  P4000 with Windows 10 64bit operating system.  I have Argyll  V2.0.0 installed as well as DisplayCAL 3.5.

When I  had calibrated my monitors using Windows 7 on my old system with another  graphics card,  DisplayCAL recognized the monitors by their model number e.g. HP2710m.  Now under the new operating system and computer the monitors show up as DISPLAY2 @ 0, 0, 1920X1080 (Primary) and DISPLAY3 @ 0, 0, 1920X1080.  After calibration the monitors look great, but when I reboot the assignments are lost (Unassigned). I don’t know if  I need to  enable or disable any settings  in the Nvidia Control Panel, or in Windows 10, but I am very frustrated.

I am using the XRite i1 Display Pro for calibrations.  I uninstalled and removed my prior calibration settings stored in   the “Roaming” directory  and then reinstalled everything , including Argyll V2.0.0 and  DisplayCAL 3.5 just in case I did something wrong during setup.

I must be doing something incorrectly. Hope someone can help.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

DisplayCAL recognized the monitors by their model number e.g. HP2710m

Nice names are only available if Windows provides the monitor EDID via WMI.

DISPLAY2 @ 0, 0, 1920X1080 (Primary) and DISPLAY3 @ 0, 0, 1920X1080

That can’t be right. On a Windows system, monitor dimensions can not overlap (Windows prevents dragging one monitor rectangle on top of another in display settings, too). Are you running the monitors in some sort of clone mode?

Please attach the following:

• A screenshot of the Windows display settings
    • A screenshot of the nVidia control panel on the “multiple displays” page
    • The output of the printDisplayDevicesInfo utility
    • DisplayCAL logs (bring up the log window and use the “Create compressed archive…” button)

Bjarne Blume
    Participant

Hello Florian,

I really do appreciate you help.  Sorry about not getting the info immediately. I did confirm that my monitors are not overlapping.  The numbers obviously I gave you were wrong.   I updated to the latest version of DisplayCal as well.  I am still getting  the Unknown / Unassign Profiles  status as can be seen by my screen capture.  Thanks again for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s likely a graphics driver or OS/registry problem in your case. The Windows API to enumerate displays does not return any attached display devices.

Bjarne Blume
    Participant

Hi Florian,

That was it exactly.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia P4000 drivers and all is fixed.  Thank you.

Bjarne

Bjarne Blume
    Participant

Hi Florian,
    I am so frustrated.  I  thought my installation was fixed.  I just went to re-calibrate my monitors and found the same situation as before.  My Profiles are not loading again. I am running the latest version of NVidia drivers for the card.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with a clean install of the drivers.  It seemed to work after the install where the profiles were loaded into DisplayCal.  But then when I rebooted the icon in the windows tray shows an orange icon.  When I click on it I get the following like before:

1. Unknown @0, 0, 1920×1080 (Primary): Unknown / Unassigned
    2. Unknown @1920, 0, 1920×1080: Unknown / Unassigned

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

Bjarne

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There’s really nothing I can do unfortunately. Did re-installing the display driver not help this time?

Bjarne Blume
    Participant

When I booted my system this morining I got the following error dialog.  Any thoughts?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The error message says it, an unspecified operating system error.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is your system overclocked by any chance?

Bjarne Blume
    Participant

Hi Florian,

I finally have my issue resolved.  I called NVidia and they told me to download the following app.

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)” to completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store)

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=925
    and click on Official download here.
    Double click on DDU.exe –> Run –> and then Extract.
    Now reboot PC to safe mode.
    Now run DDU.exe and select “Clean and restart”.

I then installed the current version of the  NVidia driver from the NVidia website for the P4000 card. 391.33-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

All is now working.    After I have paid for my new system, I will send you money for DisplayCAL  It truly is a great product.

Bjarne

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS