gamma/tint shift between matrix profile and lut table

Home Forums Help and Support gamma/tint shift between matrix profile and lut table

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Hi all. Excuse my English. I can’t understand the one moment.  Maybe  does someone from the people understands why, when I’m creating profiles and lut table under windows, that I don’t see a some difference (gamma, tint, temperature etc) between created icm profile (photoshop) and lut table (davinci resolve)?
    But,  if I create all the same moments under the poppy, the difference in gamma and temperature is visible.
    For example, I can add that profile not in davinci, but in photoshop. New layer as lut table with lut from displaycal + proff setap as srgb monitor.  This is where I won’t see the difference between a picture in Photoshop and in Davinchi. They will be the same. Thus, the davinchi cmm engine disappears as a reason of problem.
    Also – I can load icm and lut table in mac os apps. Photoshop and Davinci Resolve and I will also see the differences that were not there with these files under Windows.  It turns out that this is not a problem of the displaycal.
    Does reinstall photoshop? But I watch that problem and in other apps. 3d lut creator. there are the same differences between 3dlut creator and davinci.
    Reinstalling the operating system from scratch – it didn’t help.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Remark. A first screen file isn’t right one. Before uploading it here, I didn’t convert it to srgb. And I can no longer delete it from the message.

Vincent
    Participant

sRGB encodes color RGB numbers with sRGB TRC (non constant gamma). Your LUT3D for Davinci may be Rec709 g2.2 or 2.4. In one of the images (the one that is not ok) you may be implicitly assigning a colorspace without converting it previously to desired colrospace (whatever it is).

Also changing default display ICC on the fly usually needs app restart (at least in Windows), otherwise Photoshop won’t notice it and all you test will be wrong.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

I even rebooted the operating system after installing the profile on the system )
    Exposing the gamma in the photoshop/Davinci Resolve for the mac os is equal to the gamma exposed for photoshop/Davinci (windows).

I will repeat all the moments (for myself, in order to somehow understand the situation, what is happening):
    1. Other people don’t have this problem. Otherwise, someone voiced this problem.
    2. This is not a displaycal bug – I took files from windows and installed them on the mac os. icm profile, 3dlut file – same problem.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

bump

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

A problem was solved. Be disable an “apply calibration (vcgt)” item (3d lut tab in displaycal).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS