Flickering when laptop lid closed

Home Forums Help and Support Flickering when laptop lid closed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Francisco Garcia
    Participant

Hi, I have a setup in which I have a laptop and a monitor. Something I noted is that from time to time, when I have the laptop lid closed (and I’m only using the monitor), my screen flicks. I think that what is happening is the Profile Loader is applying a different calibration and then fixing it. My guess is that is applying the laptop profile to the monitor, and the applying the right profile. Is this normal behavior? There is some way to fix this? Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No, if something else unloads the calibration, the loader will restore it within three seconds.

Francisco Garcia
    Participant

Thanks!… actually with your guide I found out the issue… my problem is in a Lenovo ThinkPad, and after a digging a bit I found out that Lenovo has a option to manage screen temperature that is named “Daytime Color Temperature”, turns out this changes the color temperature from time to time… I found in the lenovo forums a way to disable this behavior, the reference is here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/Vantage-makes-screen-to-change-color-temperature-despite-eye/m-p/4577087#M35420

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS