Fix for Visual Whitepoint Editor

Home Forums Help and Support Fix for Visual Whitepoint Editor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

prattu
    Participant

Something I’ve noticed when I’m doing calibration. Whenever I try to change the Whitepoint using the whitepoint visual editor is that the calibration will often times come out blue, even when I set the whitepoint to 255 Red and 0 for Green and Blue. After the calibration is done I will open the visual whitepoint editor and the Red will be at 175, the Green will be 255, and the Blue will be 242.

It looks like something wrong with the editor, is there a patch to fix this?

prattu
    Participant

Just tested on a Windows machine and I didn’t get the same problem, so far I can only replicate the problem on a Linux machine

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Something I’ve noticed when I’m doing calibration. Whenever I try to change the Whitepoint using the whitepoint visual editor is that the calibration will often times come out blue, even when I set the whitepoint to 255 Red and 0 for Green and Blue.

Make sure to use the visual whitepoint editor with whitepoint on the calibration tab set to “Chromaticity coordinates”, not “Color temperature” (the latter should really not even be selectable as it would defeat the point, so this will change in the next update).

After the calibration is done I will open the visual whitepoint editor and the Red will be at 175, the Green will be 255, and the Blue will be 242.

The initial values are read from the current calibration.

prattu
    Participant

I do have it set to Chromaticity Coordinates. Whenever I try to match my calibrating monitor to my reference monitor I will open 2 instances of the visual whitepoint editor, match the white on my calibrating monitor to my reference monitor, then measure and run the calibration and profiling.

When it finishes doing the calibration and begins profiling the colors will be thrown off significantly, as if the calibration was set at random. This is only a problem I am having with Linux, but it seems to work fine in Windows.

If I leave the chromaticity coordinates as default then I won’t have any problems and the calibration will be done as normal

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I can’t reproduce this. Possibly a graphics driver problem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS