First Time User

Home Forums Help and Support First Time User

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Misti Brooks
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I’m going to sound like the most ignorant person in these forums, but here it goes:

I’ve got an HP envy laptop. I’ve downloaded Colorize for calibration and it sucks. Read reviews on this and loved it, so have downloaded.

I’m running no other calibration software like colormunki or spyder. Just a laptop and this displayCAL window open.

What do I do first? I’ve launched and opened the program, but the calibrate and profile button at the bottom is grey and won’t let me click it. Have I done something wrong?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

you need a measurement device (colorimeter, e.g. ColorMunki Display, i1 Display Pro, SpyderX, or spectrometer e.g. ColorMunki Photo/i1 Studio or i1 Pro 2) to be able to use calibration/profiling software. If you do not have a measurement device (and do not intend to buy one), the only functionality that is available to you in DisplayCAL is to create a simple profile from the monitor’s color data (EDID, extended display identification data, see the “File” menu), which may not be very accurate, and lacks calibration information.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon   SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS