First Calibration Dell S3220DGF

Home Forums Help and Support First Calibration Dell S3220DGF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Eugenio
    Participant

Hi all! I received a DataColor SpyderX Pro, i want to calibrate my monitor to use with my main pc and other stuff connected. I’m newbie in this world and i don’t know how to setup the software to have a perfect image quality. Someone can help me?

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

S Simeonov
    Participant

Hi all! I received a DataColor SpyderX Pro, i want to calibrate my monitor to use with my main pc and other stuff connected. I’m newbie in this world and i don’t know how to setup the software to have a perfect image quality. Someone can help me?

Don’t expect much accuracy from spyder colorimeter…so in general you should aim for D6504K,  gamma 2.2 relative, and 80-120 cd/m2 depending of your light and eye comfort.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by S Simeonov.

Vincent
    Participant

Don’t forget to apply PFS Phosphor mode/correction. Otherwise even if device was accurate and even if measurements show perfect D65… it may not look white.

Vincent
    Participant

Also if grey ramp shows visual severe oscillations towards green and magenta try slower calibration speed… but it also depend on device and GPU so you may not be able to correct it 100%.

Eugenio
    Participant

Thank you for all the answer! I try your tips and write about the results. When i enter in the menu, i see other settings (HUE and saturation) than brightness/contrast and RGB value. How can i setup this parameters to have a perfect image? The software and the colorimeter help me to find a correct value?

Vincent
    Participant

No, do not touch hue.

Saturation can be used to bring primaries closer to sRGB, so you can play games as intened, not oversatirated as you may be seeing.
    Easier to fix this with DisplayCAL’s cousin HCFR. ArgyllCMS under the hood. So for playing games 1st emulate sRGB (HCFR), then go bac k to DIsplayCAL and calibrate grey & make profile.

Of couse you’ll lose on that OSD settings P3 coverage, but maybe display has more than 1 preset with saturation controls, IDNK.

If you can have 2 separate preset/OSD modes one sRGB emulated and another one native gamut you can make an ICM profile for eahc one with DisplayCAL.
    Remember than when you switch from one OSD mode to another you have to change default ICM for display. Use DIsplayCAL tray bar app fro that, its very fast.

Eugenio
    Participant

Ok so this is the value before and after. i modify only brightness, contrast and rgb with this value (80cd/m2):

Brightness 16

Contrast 89

RGB 93,91,87

Is good? any advice? i see that other parameter in my monitor are
    offset, hue and Saturation

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Read again what I wrote, It’s all explained.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS