Fedora 29: "The profile has been installed, but there may be problems."

Home Forums Help and Support Fedora 29: "The profile has been installed, but there may be problems."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Andrew Michael
    Participant

My apologies that my first post is a problem, but:

I’ve just tried profiling my BenQ 2700PT using DisplayCAL and an I1 colorimeter on Fedora 29 with Gnome.  For reference this monitor is fed via a KVM switch as it also runs on a Windows 10 system and has had its hardware LUTs updated on that using BenQ’s PalletteMaster software.

DisplayCAL runs happily until it tries to install the profile, when it reports a timeout and the error message “The profile has been installed, but there may be problems.”   Looking at the log file, the problem seems to be when dispwin tries to install the profile, failing with the error “Diagnostic: -d parameter ‘1’ is out of range” and “** No displays found **”.  Colormgr shows no profiles loaded.

Any suggestions of where to look to fix this?

Regards

Andy

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

install the profile for the current user.

Andrew Michael
    Participant

Unfortunately that just gives a different error:

$dispwin -Su -v -d1 -c -I ‘XWAYLAND0 #1 2019-01-16 10-41 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc’

About to open dispwin object on the display
    About to clear the calibration
    About to install ‘XWAYLAND0 #1 2019-01-16 10-41 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc’ as display’s default profile
    Dispwin: Error – Failed to install profile ‘XWAYLAND0 #1 2019-01-16 10-41 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc’!

Andy

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Which version of ArgyllCMS are you using?

Andrew Michael
    Participant

dnf says argyllcms.x86_64 1.9.2-6.fc29

Andy

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Please try the 2.0.1 binaries from argyllcms.com instead.

Andrew Michael
    Participant

Many thanks – that has now loaded the profile without errors, I just need to check that it’s actually doing something.  It does look though that the older version of ArgyllCMS supplied with Fedora 29 doesn’t work.

Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS