Fastest way to measure color gamut?

Home Forums Help and Support Fastest way to measure color gamut?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Zalgo
    Participant

Hello, I was wondering what is the fastest way to measure color gamut of an uncalibrated, and a calibrated device? Thank you.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

measure primaries + white.

Zalgo
    Participant

Sorry I am new to DisplayCAL so I don’t quite understand. I know when I finish a calibration it shows me the color gamut, but is there a way to just get the color gamut without going through a full calibration? What settings do I need to use? Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I.e. on the “Profiling” tab, move the patches amount slider all the way to the left. Note that will only give you an accurate idea of gamut for fairly linear displays, so it may be better to use the default 175 patches to get an accurate idea about the device gamut.

You can skip calibration if all you want is a profile (see instructions on calibration tab).

Zalgo
    Participant

I.e. on the “Profiling” tab, move the patches amount slider all the way to the left. Note that will only give you an accurate idea of gamut for fairly linear displays, so it may be better to use the default 175 patches to get an accurate idea about the device gamut.

You can skip calibration if all you want is a profile (see instructions on calibration tab).

Thanks that works great! I found 79 patches gives me almost the same result as the default 175, but going down to 34 gives me slightly inaccurate results.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS